Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2002 SLK32 AMG
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any thoughts on this: I have a 2002 slk32 AMG - warranty will be up Nov '05 and I've got 17,000 miles on car - since miles are so low should I extend? I don't drive the car that much - have any of you had problems with yours in which you could've used an extended warranty? If I do it before it hits 20k it will cost me less. Thanks for the feedback!

·
Registered
SLK32, ML430
6,349 Posts
My feeling is alwas no. While I know some people that have really had extended warranties payoff for the most part they are a cash cow for insurance compaines. You would be better off taking the money and sticking it in the bank towards future repairs. Also look at what the deductible is for the extended warranty & what they exclude and I think you will agree with me.

·
Premium Member
SLK 230
1,498 Posts
Good job and fat bank account will also suffice for an extended warranty. lol

·
Registered
06 corvette coupe
468 Posts
430 - 5/13/2005 11:42 PM

My feeling is alwas no. While I know some people that have really had extended warranties payoff for the most part they are a cash cow for insurance compaines. You would be better off taking the money and sticking it in the bank towards future repairs. Also look at what the deductible is for the extended warranty & what they exclude and I think you will agree with me.
I've always felt that way, too, but I didn't know if the slk32 was particularly expensive to fix. I've never bought or used an aftermarket warranty. Luckily, the MB has a 4 yr warranty from the factory, but it was something that I had given some thought.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts