Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Should I change stock springs ?

688 Views 5 Replies 1 Participant Last post by  Guest (MBNZ)
I just put on AMG 17, 7.5 rims with 215/45-17 P7000. When I corner at high speeds, the front tires scrapes the fender a bit.<br> <br> I have a 1993 2.6 190E. I have new KYB struts but have not replaced stock springs. Will new springs help or are my tires too big. I have researched this and the tire is size fits my model year. <br> <br> If replacing the springs is the solution, should I go with stock or Eibach?<br> <br> Thanks. <br> James.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
36,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I have the 215 now. I guess I would have to roll the fenders a bit.<br> <br> I had a choice between Conti's and Pirelli. I have always used Pirelli's on my car and enjoyed them. Although the P7000 is much more sportier and nosier! lol!

· Registered
36,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yup, 1/2 of the crews use Pirellis, and the other 1/2 Michelins. Try to watch SpeedVision - rallies are about 6 weeks apart, they just finished Safari Rally in Africa (Ford Focus won) and are getting ready for a rally in Finland (on gravel roads). The greatest thing is that spectators have to be no closer than 6 feet of the road with cars going at about 100mph-sideways and NO safety rails (these are ordinary roads).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.