Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1981 W123 300D non turbo, 1992 190E 1.8 <=> 2.0
6,561 Posts
Not if you don't have a problem.

From my experience you can get carried away with W123 maintenance.

Take a look at this. It started with an oil change and now look at it!

·
Registered
2013 MINI Copper S Clubman, '84 300CD-weekend car
10,152 Posts
Up to you, I would just change out those two springs, as Army mentions, things can get carried away!

·
Registered
1984 mercedes-benz 300cd
57 Posts
I installed the whole kit in my car. my shifts are now evenly spaced and equally as hard. you have to remove the valve body and open it up to install the whole kit.

·
Registered
1982 300CD
5,154 Posts
Did you have to deal with all the little steel balls when installing the whole kit? If so, was it as it as much trouble as it sounds? I just replaced the accessible ones and let it go at that.

Personally, I would recommend making sure that the VCV is set properly before doing anything to the transmission. IIRC, they also provide a washer to put over the VCV pin to do that in the kit.

·
Registered
1984 mercedes-benz 300cd
57 Posts
no,I did not have to deal with the steel balls. there is a steel plate inbetween the two halves of the valvebody. you want to keep the plate on the half that contains the steel balls.the other half contains the springs and locks for the valves.

·
Registered
1984 300D
5,070 Posts
Hello, i want to change out the k1 and k2 springs on my transmission when i change the fluid. I was wondering if i buy this kit (Transmission Part by Bulk Part Valve body kits Shift correction package, 722.3 / 722.4 Diesel) should i change some other springs just to freshen things up.
I would not mess with a Spring Kit until I knew all other possible adjustment issues had bee tried and had not worked.

Transmission adjustments
Mercedes-Benz Transmission, Steve Brotherton, ImportCar, February 2002

·
Registered
1985 300D Gone 1985 230CE Perfect, 1984 300TD Driver, 1981 300TD Bad engine
1,418 Posts
Not if you don't have a problem.

From my experience you can get carried away with W123 maintenance.

Take a look at this. It started with an oil change and now look at it!
Chuckle. Chuckle. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts