Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
U took the old religion from the woman on the hill.
43,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is incredibly rare, with all options and low miles. Needs a lot of TLC and corrections, like removal of driving lights, trunk rack, incorrect tires, etc.

Attachments

·
'89 300E Turbo project, ‘85 Audi Coupe Quattro, ‘71 BMW turbo 2002, '73 BMW 2002tii, ‘67 Kaiser M725
17,617 Posts
I wanna say 1982 Electra, no? I had one years ago, a late 70's one with the sloped back. Such a fabulous ride on the freeway.

·
Premium Member
43,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You are correct, it is an '84 but there are no external differences enough to tell 'tween it and an '80 to '84. 307 Olds engine and 4 spd auto.

·
190E, SLK350
66,907 Posts
Will you be writing about your saga here as you try to bring it to "its glory"?

·
Premium Member
43,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
She is the girl all the bad guys want. Seriously.

·
Registered
300SD
11,191 Posts
If you remove the luggage rack, what will you do with the holes drilled in the trunk? How are the tires incorrect? Wrong size or wrong width whitewall band?

·
Registered
zero
19,471 Posts
Doesn't appear that the colors on the car match, or could just be the pic.

·
Premium Member
43,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you remove the luggage rack, what will you do with the holes drilled in the trunk? How are the tires incorrect? Wrong size or wrong width whitewall band?
The holes? Dried oatmeal or toothpaste to fill. Nah, just bondo. It will last a few years before it shows. Could do another trunk lid but then the numbers wouldn't match. Also have to remove the front driving lights and plug the bumper holes with chrome tabs. Collectors will not tolerate ANY modifications from new, no matter what kind of car. White wall are three quarters, need to be one and a quarter. Car does appear to be two different shades on driver side, either repaint or bad early 80's EPA GM paint.

·
Cruise Control
'87 300TD/'90 300D/'94 Quattro/'89 Vanagon TDI/'01 EV Weekender VR6
52,233 Posts
What's a rough sketch of the demographics of collectors of this type of vehicle? Not the folks who drive them, but who collects this sort of thing? I honestly have no clue. Are they mostly outside of NA, or what?

·
Registered
zero
19,471 Posts
Is it a possibility that the luggage rack came stock? Also I think there is something wrong with the moonroof.

·
Premium Member
43,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Luggage rack is aftermarket garbage. There is nothing wrong with the moonroof. $2,500.

·
Surely A Large Human
MB Regretmobile
35,725 Posts
The answer to the question in the title of this thread, especially when posed by the original poster, is always, unequivocally, undeniably, irrefutably, indisputably, permanently, indelibly, perpetually, irreversibly, and with the utmost certainty, no.

·
Registered
1967 Irish/ Pole
3,967 Posts
If it has less than 1,000 miles grab it like it was the last guy on earth. If more, throw your empty fifth at it as you hit the gas on the way by.

·
Cruise Control
'87 300TD/'90 300D/'94 Quattro/'89 Vanagon TDI/'01 EV Weekender VR6
52,233 Posts
Form follows function failure

I don't understand the purpose of that vehicle. There's so much extra expanse, relative to its passenger cabin; to what end?

·
Sith Lord
72 280SE 88 560SEC 92 E500 6.0 95 SL320 14 GLK350
11,813 Posts
^ I find your lack of attention to detail disturbing.

Didn't you see the aftermarket helipad on the back?

·
Registered
300SD
11,191 Posts
I don't understand the purpose of that vehicle. There's so much extra expanse, relative to its passenger cabin; to what end?
The purpose of the vehicle is to buy it cheap, put new tires on it, store it somewhere for a while and sell it to some sucker for 4 times the purchase price. Any questions? :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts