Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was browsing autotrader like a usually do for an E55 and I came across this 1999 E55 with around 204k (km) on the clock. I've been searching for these for a while and really interested in getting one. Any tips i can get from you guys would really help me especially since its seen some road time. Also if you guys can refer me to a great place in Ontario, Canada where i can find a shop to do a PPI. ill post the link in the comments because forum limits first posts adding links thanks

·
Registered
1999 E430; 2005 ML500
1,563 Posts
20 year old Canadian car, my primary focus would be rust, and I would look everywhere for it. For the engine, it should have good compression and oil pressure - the more service records the better.

·
Registered
w163 02 ML500 W210 97 E50Amg w202 99 C230K w124 - need more space, time to build again
2,044 Posts
Central Canada w210.
Ask for the carproof report for starters.
I'd check into thoroughly for rust/salt damage. Spring perches on these models and rust is a terrible combo.
Also, confirm the monoblock sizes and square or staggered setup. From the terrible photos, are they 17" or 18" monoblocks. Maybe it's my old eyes.:sneaky:

·
Registered
2002 E55 AMG Sedan
1,144 Posts
The car doesn't have the AMG wheels. Those are just regular mercedes wheels. The wood is faded badly and the seats have a lot of wrinkles in the back. Most likely from a car seat. Besides that it looks good but there wasn't many detailed pictures to judge from.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts