Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I test drove a C320 the other day. I had half made up my mind that I wanted a 2002 Audi A4 but I prefer the overall look and the ergonomics of the Mercedes.<br> I'd be looking at the C320 with all the options and sports package.<br> I am somewhat concerned because of the posts in this forum about problems that people are having with their cars.<br> Are most owners satisfied? Am I likely to be in and out of the Mercedes dealer?<br> Thoughts or comments appreciated.<br> <br> Thanks,<br> <br> David.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well all cars have problems...if you like it buy it,...

most the time problems are very minor and are under warranty. You see a lot of problems posted since this is the very purpose of this forum is to exchange ideas and help each other with problems.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Buy it but read this first

Yes I think your should buy a benz. First you get class,second you get looks,third u get safety,fourth u get major attention which means just saying u have a benz opens peoples eyes as apposed to saying audi or some other car, However, take note, u will have problems, i promise u that, mine is a 2002 and had 3 issues, one being that i needed an allingment,second i needed to have my keeps replaced,and third i had to get my car towed because it wouldnt start and they had to order a new ignition system. Yeah that pissed me off but now that its fixed I love it. So if u get it be prepared, they dont make cars like they use to. As long as u r prepared mentaly then u wont have problems with expectations. Now the final note, u said u wanted a c320 with the sport package, my opinion is save some money and get the C32 AMG u will be much happier. Good luck to you

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Well all cars have problems...if you like it buy it,...

of course you should buy it, i have had 2 bmws, and this is my second benz, i have had not one problem with my c320, it is an excellent car, i loved my bmw,s (had them in germany), naturally there will be problems posted about the car, but i can tell you one thing-if you want to see really good problems then go to any site dealing with north american vehicles, ie, caddilacs, any chrysler product, and those utterly obscene suv things like escalades(surbabns dressed up)etc, there is one marque that upholds mystique and prestige all over the world - MB

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
C320 rules !

I own a C320 full options (navigation, TV, leather, sunroof, xenon, etc...) with AMG body kit and AMG rims, everytime I drive it, I'm so happy ! Of course, I would be happier if I've got a C32, but a C320 is already fine since the road isn't a race track. My C320 is painted in silver metallic and the colour of the interior is light grey. When my car is parked on the street, a lot of people come to see the outside first (because the AMG kit is really nice) then the interior with the COMMAND system. Personnally, for the outlook, I prefer much more the design of the C-class whicn looks more sporting than the A4 (except the exhaust). Concerning the interior, the design of the C-class is also very nice and young. Technically, the A4 and the C-class are about the same except that the C320 have a better top speed (14km/h more) and have a slightly better reaking. Concerning the problems on the 2002 C-class, I had some with :<br> _the Xenon bulb, one of them had a yellowish color<br> _the ventilation (the left side was warmer)<br> _the window joint squeaking (driver's side)<br> _the TV tuner's amplifier<br> But everything is fixed now under warranty. Frank is right, all the cars have problems when they come out from the factory so don't worry. Here is one last argument to buy a Benz, if one day you're bored of your car, you can tune it more easily than with an Audi because there are many very famous tuners and many accessories for Benz whick can really give your car a second life. For example, you can add a kompressor on the C320(made by Kleenman) to get 330 bhp in total if you feel that you need more power.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Generally, people post their problems on boards, but remember.....

what percentage of the total MB C-Class owners even read these boards. There are a lot more happy C-Class owners out there that are happy with their cars.<br>
<br>
I have a C320 and it has been trouble free since day 1. Suggest you skip the Sport Package unless you like the charcoal interior with aluminum trim. Spend the money and upgrade your OEM wheels/tires to staggered AMGs wheels with 17' tires.<br>
<br>
Good luck.<br>
<br>
Beng

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Generally, people post their problems on boards, but remember.....

Thanks for the replies everyone - some good information.<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Buy it but read this first

Thanks for the feedback, Ronnie.<br> Not sure I understand about how I would save money by buying the AMG version? Isn't that more than the C320 with the options I mentioned?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
HERE IS WHAT I MENT......

What I ment wasnt that you would save money by buying a C32 rather I ment that you save money as in save more money in the bank and wait till you have enough to buy a c32 because with all the upgrades you are thinking about getting on the c320 u come close to the c32. Good luck to you, let us know what u descided

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Different Opinion

Well, the price of my C320 with all the opitons was quite a bit over the C32 (and there are still a few bits that need upgrading ... but I wait for springtime, as it's more fun then).<br> <br> My main reason for going this way is that now I have all the options down to very small details EXACTLY as I want them ...<br> <br> ... buying the C32 would have given me a bundle with some things I like, some I don't.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, you should buy a C320. The overall reliability record of the car is outstanding. I've sold 50 or more and have had no significant complaints (the guy who went berserk because a tech left a footprint in the floor mat doesn't count as having a significant complaint).<br>
<br>
It has more safety than the Audi, and the resale will be better. Thus its overall cost will be low.<br>
<br>
Anyway, it's a delightful car to drive.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have a C320 that is fully loaded other than the integrated phone and it is great. Its handling and acceleration is great. I think you get the best of both luxury and performance with this car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts