Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a 2001 Boxster. I need more seats so am waiting on a 2002 CLK cab for January delivery. I was told the new body style will be out next year. Should I wait? Will buying the last year of a body style make my car depreciate faster? Also, if I choose to go with 2002, what is the best upgrades for car? I know I want 18's, any suggestions? Thanks in advance! Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If you like the look of 2002 model..then yes!!! I was like you six month ago...our's budget.........

<br> were $50,000 cash. We could not decide whether to buy the 2002 Clk 320 or the used Clk 430. My wife wanted the 2002 Clk 320 because it was brand new but with out the performance because of the V6. I wanted a used Clk 430 because of the V8 performance and specially the 'sport package' plus the dealer did not know what the 2002 Clk model is gonna look like. We then decided that if we can not find a used Clk 430 with silver color (we don't care much about the option), then we would buy the 2002 model. We look at far as 125 miles away (a totals of 6 cars we look at). At the end, we did find the car we were looking for. It was a 2001 Clk 430 silver color with 14,000 miles and it came with K2 and K3 option for $ 45,500. I then bought four brand new tires for $1000. So the car were $49, 975(included tax and $1000 for tires). Now that i look back. If i knew that i can get the 2002 Clk 320 with the 'sport package' as an option, i would buy the 2002 model.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would not buy a first year of a new body style

I was having the same dilema as you and I am happy to say I based my decision to go ahead with the '02 which will arrive in November.<br> <br> I posed this question to a automotive industry analyst who is well respected in Canada. He told me the following points:<br> <br> 1) The next model when it arrives will be more expensive than the one it replaces so don't expect the price of your current model to drop in value dramatically.<br> <br> 2) Mercedes-Benz may wait another year before introducing a new model, they have done this in the past for example the 500SL was slated to be on sale in a new body style since '99.<br> <br> 3) First year models aren't always the most desirable since any consumer complaints are always addressed by the second model year.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My friend just bought a 2002 Clk 320...there wasn't any change in style. I expect little change!!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I glad i bought a 2001 CLK 430 with 14,000 miles for Under $50,000 included TAX. My friend just....

<br> a 2002 Clk 320 for $52,xxx included TAX..etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts