Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got a 2007 mercedes c230 with sport pacjkage + AMG body kit. SO it looks like AMG in front and has 2 exhausts on left side back of the car with amg tips on the muffler. Now i get ALOT of hate cause im young (18) people look at me like what am i doing in a mercedes? lol and i enjoy it so i was thinking if i put a ///AMG sticker people would get even more haterish. :D

You think i can fool people? btw i live in orange county, california.

Only thing that isnt amg looking is rims..

Attachments

·
Registered
11,243 Posts
Not by a long shot. The W203 is one of the easiest models to spot AMG and non-AMG. So many differences between the variants.

·
Registered
E320/E250 Bluetec Ford F350 6.7l
36,682 Posts
WHY?
I was beating all Orange County Ferraris, Brabuses and Corvettes in 90 HP VW diesel wagon.
Badge is no replacement for brain of the driver.

·
Registered
2003 Mercedes Benz E500
668 Posts
I think...

you came to the wrong forum to ask that question.

Sure, you can add the AMG badging, and be taken for a poser and an "tool" by those "in the know".

You have already made a great impression here... NOT.

JR

·
Banned
99 Merc S420 (80k Mi) 07 Lexus LS460 (21k Miles)
4,583 Posts
No. There is nothing worse then a non AMG Benz trying to be an AMG.

·
Registered
2000' CL500
66 Posts
I purchased my CL500 that has been badged as an AMG variant and I never really thought of the need for me to re-badge the car until I shared some pictures of my car in another Mercedes forum.

Notwithstanding the fact that my CL already has various AMG upgrades and that I only wanted to share my car's picture in the CL500 specific forum, a couple of AMG owners weren't too happy with the way my car's badged and called me out on it. :surrender:

Personally, I believe that people should buy a car that they can enjoy for themselves. Sure, others can comment on your car all they want. The bottom line is, your car is your property and hence, you're entitled to do what you want with it.

I've been a BMW owner for the past 15 years. Whenever I see a 318 that's been badged as a M3 either on the forums or in real life, do I find it interesting and have a good-hearted smile about it? Sure. But will I get all upset and go out of my way to call that person a poser because I can prove to others my knowledge about being able to differentiate the differences that this poser may have neglected to make? No thanks. I have no business in telling others what to do with their cars anyway.

A while ago, I ran into a black 2000' S500 (with beat up 17 in rims and bent quad-tip Remus exhausts) here in Southern California. This S500 was badged as a S55. And the "55" emblem was even not aligned correctly. I drove alongside the driver and immediately, I am sure that at least one of us was having a healthy good laugh about the other person's car. There's no need to purposely take a picture of that car, post it on the forum and invite others to laugh along with you. We're all past that high school drama, right?

I have also run into actually AMG owners who gave me dirty looks on the road. It really didn't bother me, as I know that for me at least, not buying an AMG model is more or less of an investment choice, not financial concerns.

Good luck with your choices!

Jon

1 - 10 of 10 Posts