Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1982 Mercedes 300TD wagon
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had one of those rare opportunities to take a little trip to find some snow in the local mountains of Southern California. So I loaded up Maggie, my Golden Retriever, picked up a friend and his dog and headed for the San Gabriel Mountains. It had snowed the night before so I had no idea how the conditions were going to be. I must've driven over 10 miles of solid ice to arrive at our destination, Mt. Waterman Ski Resort (closed). I have done this very trip in the wagon several times and it is really the perfect car for the job. There were all sorts of signs saying chains were required but the few cars we encountered didn't have any on. If they can make it, I certainly can! The car is heavy and the wheels remained planted on the road due to the tendency of these diesel engines to wind up slowly. So we got to let the dogs play in the snow, took some pictures then drove home. Simple as that! It was definitely below freezing that morning as we were around 7500ft with the occasional 50mph arctic wind blasts. The car performed like a champ!

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts