Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
'91 C124 300CE, '06 W164 ML500, '00 BMW MCOUPE, '65 COBRA REPL.
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I needed some cash to go get me a couple of 39cent tacos, so I decided I would look for it!!! Forget work for it!!! I am not down with that!!!

My 300CE is almost 20 years old and I was sure some PO would have dropped some cash somewhere in the interior, so I started digging....

I looked under the floor mats...nothing.
So I started to look further....

So I found $2.37!!!!
Yeah!!! Treasure hunt was a success!!!
I got my 2 39 cent tacos, and with the rest I will have a feast for Thanksgiving!!!
I also found a vintage Hotwheels car (1974 Green Silver Bullet) which I gave to my 8 year old son!!! Took care of Xmas presents as well!!!! Good times!!!

Once I was in there, I decided to wire my car for the amp and speakers that will be run off the existing Blaupunkt CD head unit.
I also wanted to clean up some of the wiring the PO had installed for his version of stereo and speaker install. What a mess.

The amp wire (thick red wire) will get juice from under the dr. side dash.
There is a power distribution block to the left of the brake pedal that has continuous 12v. I will also be installing an antenna switch. I do not listen to radio much and do not like the antenna going up and down when I turn the car on. The amp. signal will come from the blue antenna wire at the antenna switch.
I will also run new speaker wires to and from the amp to all standard locations.
5" front Pioneer speaker, 6" door and rear speakers.
I am not into big bass, boxes etc. Just a nice clean sound system will do.
I will also ad some dynamat at the door and the rear seat backrests.
Also dynamat along the rear shelf under the upholstered piece.
This should help hush the car even more.
Finally I will be clean thoroughly all the upholstery.

Should be fun!!!

·
Registered
1977 230, 1990 300E 2.6
243 Posts
I enjoyed your post! Forget the negative comments - some folks just don't have a clue, or a life. :D When I got my '77 230 W123 from my friend (original owner) I pulled all the carpets for a thorough cleaning and found a Canadian dime most likely dropped when he took the car on a cross Canada trip. Couldn't buy much with the find so I placed it in the glove box as a souvenir of the car's history.

·
Registered
89 300E; 00 E320
2,515 Posts
shock and awe

When you found the $2.37 well that was one thing; but, when you found the green silver bullet as well that was quite another. I think most on BW124 would have taken this as a prophetic sign. Time to pull out that Hot Wheels track in the basement; my guess is that you have one something like this. Have Fun, Play to Win. Happy Thanksgiving.

cs1lCSzMnl4&feature

·
Premium Member
Black on Black S124 Estate and White A124 Cabriolet
1,719 Posts
Assuming the first portion of post is parody and intent of post is to comment on audio work, not taco smell. If so, [email protected]

And so what if he was high, he waznt driving.

·
Registered
2012 E350 :-) 2002 E320 (sold)
432 Posts
The first part of the post reminded me of my sister. She is always telling me about the 28 cents that she found. Too bad she can't fix audio stuff.
Good post.

·
Registered
'91 C124 300CE, '06 W164 ML500, '00 BMW MCOUPE, '65 COBRA REPL.
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
First off Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Yes, my thread's intentions were to show how the bare interior looks like.
Hope these pictures are useful to some.
The teardown was not that bad and gave me intimate knowledge of my car's
build quality and wiring.

The $$ was the joke..

As for the second poster, fifalex, I believe he has a rust problem on his
CE. If he paid attention to the pictures and was more appreciative of my efforts, he would have seen that he can inspect his damage by looking down the sheetmetal of his rear window. As far as money goes fifalex, not a problem.

Enjoy your day guys!!!

·
Registered
Depends on the week
3,726 Posts
First off Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Yes, my thread's intentions were to show how the bare interior looks like.
Hope these pictures are useful to some.
The teardown was not that bad and gave me intimate knowledge of my car's
build quality and wiring.

The $$ was the joke..

As for the second poster, fifalex, I believe he has a rust problem on his
CE. If he paid attention to the pictures and was more appreciative of my efforts, he would have seen that he can inspect his damage by looking down the sheetmetal of his rear window. As far as money goes fifalex, not a problem.

Enjoy your day guys!!!

All I got out of this thread was how much your pictures remind me of when I stripped my car bare, how much I DO NOT like Taco Bell's 39 cent tacos and how much I like your wheels.

Thanks for the pics!

Happy Thanksgiving! :)

·
Registered
300CE-24, W204 C220 CDI, W210 E55 AMG, W124 300TE, W163 ML270 CDI
399 Posts
You did this right outside the tacobell? I presume you did the soundsystem to fill in time while you were eating? :/

1 - 11 of 11 Posts