Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1986 W126 300SDL
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a custom shop to have my 1986 300SDL compleately redone.
Only rust is on driverside fender so no big deal. My vision is "a modern 86" digital dash, more modern steering wheel and colum. Since there is so much room four bucket seats with custom console in the back (with some damn cup holders) Flat black, tint, all new leather (maybe a pumpkin color with black accents).
As I'm sure all of you know you say Mercedes then diesel...people don't really want to work on them. I have done all my own work and find it more enjoyable than working on anything 2000 and up. But this is a compleate tear down and re-defineing of an icon and in my opinion one of the greats. I really like my 2012 outback and maybe someday I will love it...but never as much as my 300 SDL.
I want another 25 years out of it..it is deserving...I plan to spend about 20K.

·
Registered
1985 500sel and 500sec 2012 E63 1989 Porsche 911
5,336 Posts
west coast customs, or get it stolen and let overhaulin do it

·
Registered
1986 W126 300SDL
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
anywhere in the country, I,ll put it on a truck, or better yet drive it and fly back, I.m not wanting to go all pimp my ride here (although it will be in my eyes). I have always done all my own work, but working in wind kinda moves you around and I never have all my tools. So I'll have someone do this one! small independant shops do great work. GAS, or west coast customs but they seem to cater to celebs and people who may have more money than brains.
Thanks for any and all help on this matter

·
Registered
'82 Euro 500SEL, '85 Euro 500SEC AMG WB Cabriolet,'86 Euro 500SEC RUF
9,487 Posts
Msclare, Cascade and I have a great Muffler guy that also does custom cars, though most have been US cars, I'm sure he is up ti the task. He does beautiful work.

Talk to Chip at:
D & D Muffler
42620 10th st. West Unit D
Lancaster, CA93534
661-951-3833

·
Registered
'70 280S-'73 450SLC-'81 380SL-'84 500SEC Euro-'92 300SL24-'95 E320
984 Posts

·
Registered
1981 300 SD, 1991 Geo Metro 4-door Automatic
487 Posts
A place I pass by most days on the way to work is Gene Winfield Rod and Custom in Mojave...don't know much about him, looks like he mostly builds '49 Mercurys, but they look nice, and he might have some ideas...

·
Registered
1986 W126 300SDL
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks to every one for the tips, I wish I could have stacy david do it on gearz...maybe I will talk to them they can keep it for over a year...I got the outback. I will do my research and let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
1987 300SDL
3 Posts
Let us know how it goes, Noah, okay?

Noah,

Good luck! Kindly let us know how it goes and show us the progress if you can!

I have been driving the 300SDL for over 17 years - on my 3d one and now need to rebuild one too, since I love these cars!

I will try to get a picture of mine on here - all of mine have been black or pearl black, but I love black cars!

We live in Nebraska, but I may have to drive mine out to California!

·
Registered
Too many to list
8,923 Posts
Spade customs is in the Midwest and does top notch work
Google "spade made"

Lots of good custom shops out there but the more expensive ones will barely get you custom paint and interior for $20k- no rims or body kit or mechanical refurbishing

1 - 13 of 13 Posts