Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1987 U1000
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I'm on I just need to vent a little. I did some searching on the EPC online for a different exhaust manifold for my turbo project and got the p/n for one that looks like it'll work out. Couldn't find any on any of the eBay's so I figured I'd have to go new... and got ready for a shock... so I sent out enquiries to various suppliers. I got a reply from one of our friends here... $813.36 :eek:

Then just for grins I called a couple of my local MB shops and got ready to laugh... however they came back with a list price of $462.89 and a fleet price of 439.76 !!!

I guess I know where I'll be going... just bummed me out...

GB

·
Registered
1973 416 Doka, 1978 416 Doka, 1980 416 Doka..... Help me, I can't stop buying them!!!
2,642 Posts
Greg,
So did you ever figure out if you have oil cooling squirters or not? Also what manifold did you end up getting? and where are you putting the turbo? Take lots of photos and do share them!

·
Registered
1987 U1000
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Von,

The manifold I'm going to use is an A 352 140 48 09. I think it's actually for an MB Trac . The output is centered on the manifold with a slight angle away from the motor. It's got the 4 bolt T4, I think, flange which should bolt right up to the turbo. The only bad thing is I'll lose the exhaust brake, oh well. My used manifold will be available after I clean it up. As far as the squirters go... haven't dropped the pan yet which seemws to be the only way to really know !!!

Greg

·
Registered
2004 U500
281 Posts
There must be a way to adapt the exhaust brake to install after your turbo I wouldn't give it up for anything! I need to put one on my dodge after enjoying it on the mog. Speaking of which did you buy a s-300 variant turbo to put on your U-1000? I have one on my dodge from high tech turbo I'm very pleased with.

·
Registered
1973 416 Doka, 1978 416 Doka, 1980 416 Doka..... Help me, I can't stop buying them!!!
2,642 Posts

·
Registered
1987 U1000
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I looked after seeing your post and yes.... it's ribbed for pleasure !! Hopefully it means I'm tapped at least. I'd like to go above 150 hp.

Cheers,
Greg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts