Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 300d turbo, 79 c123 AMG
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've been playing with my camera a little more and am currently experimenting with RAW and a little photoshop. I am trying to balance the photos a little better, but on the 2nd I managed to park the car in a position with very bright sunlight focused on the hood and grill. I wasn't shooting in ideal lighting conditions, it was mid-afternoon with partly cloudy skies, but I think I am starting to get a little more out of the camera. Getting the reflections out of beige require shady light, but then that doesn't make for the best picture, so I guess I need to pick one or the other.

What do you all think?

Photos were shot in the Santa Cruz Mountains, with the first off of Skyline Blvd. at an entrance to the Sanborn-Skyline Open Space Preserve, apparently at a pretty old site judging by the very old stone wall not seen in the pictures.

The 2nd is taken on a bridge over the Los Gatos Creek down in Wrights Station, just north of Lexingtion Reservior. This "town" had 50 people in the early 19th century, and was the East Portal of the Santa Cruz-San Jose Railroad. Just west of this bridge is the portal to tunnel number one that ran nearly 6 miles to the other side of the summit. Today all that remains is this old bridge, the old railroad bridge-on water company property and is off-limits, and a bunch of growth. No signs of the town remain.

The last photo is along Wrights Station Road, a winding 1 lane road down to the bridge. It is a neat road with NO traffic and some cool twisties through some old growth redwoods.

·
Registered
625 Posts
The pictures look good. I really like the rims. How many sets of those do you have? They look mint...are they?

What camera are you shooting with?

·
Always Remembered RIP
1991 560SEC AMG
10,146 Posts
Those pictures look good enough for a Mercedes Benz sales catalogue. You really have a true talent in photography.

And of course, the AMG Penta wheels are awesome looking on your car, probably the best choice anyone could make for a 123 or a 126.....

·
Registered
1982 300D
326 Posts
those look so real, as tho they were scanned from a brochure

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks again guys.

The wheels are actually ronal R-9's and really aren't all that great. They do look cool at some angles, but in others they look akward and very dated. In the pictures they are actually about as dirty as I've ever had them, which is pretty bad, but oh well. I am trying to find a set of 15" bundts to replace them, but have yet to come across any nice ones that would be shipped to the US.

My next step is to drop the front down about an inch and go from there. For photos, I'd love to get a new L series lens but I cannot justify spending nearly $700 on glass, well yet at least.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Sounds like your shooting with a canon if you want L series lenses...What Canon are you shooting with?

I had a 20d that I sold...thinking about a 5d or A Nikon d200...not sure which one now...

·
Registered
1991 Civic si
6 Posts
try playing with curves, i think the 2nd one could benefit from it. use it as a mask and try to get some more contrast from the hood.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm shooting with a 30D. Pat, I agree, they do stick out too much, imagine if I had anything wider than a 205 up front. Yikes.

The 2nd photo just ended up crappy, the car is positioned wrong in the sun, I can do a little to fix it, but it's hard to fix when the original positioning was incorrect.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts