·
Registered
11,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Banned
2,439 Posts
2 firefighters shot, killed while battling New York blaze - CNN.com

(CNN) -- At least two firefighters died when they were shot at the scene of a blaze in upstate New York on Monday, police said.

Two other firefighters were injured, police in Webster, New York, told reporters.

Authorities believe one or more shooters took aim at the firefighters after they left their vehicles, Police Chief Gerald Pickering said.

It was unclear whether there were any suspects.

"We have different individuals that were possible people with knowledge, but at this point I can't really comment," Monroe County Sheriff Patrick O'Flynn told reporters.

For hours, the gunfire stopped firefighters from working to extinguish the fire and forced police SWAT teams to evacuate homes in the area.

Attachments

·
Banned
2,439 Posts
NRA Response:
Put an armed good guy with every firefighter truck going on a call:cool:
The NRA should "pre-shoot" the guy who set the 'trap' to lure the firefighters to the fire.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/25/nyregion/2-firefighters-killed-in-western-new-york.html?hp&_r=0

Webster, N.Y., the police chief said. .. “It does appear that it was a trap that was set,” Chief Pickering said of the blaze that drew the firefighters. “Causative reasons, we don't have at this time.”

·
66,894 Posts
NRA said that if he didn't have a gun he would have killed the firefighters with his bare hands anyway.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Here in VA a concealed carry permit holder can, as long as they don't drink alcohol.

I'm the armed good guy here on the corner I live.
I am much more concerned, due to the amount of guns sold since President Obama took office, about the chuckle-heads who fancy themselves "the armed good guy."

Who or how are they monitored for not drinking alcohol?

·
Registered
11,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am much more concerned, due to the amount of guns sold since President Obama took office, about the chuckle-heads who fancy themselves "the armed good guy."

Who or how are they monitored for not drinking alcohol?
Wasn't Zimmerman an "armed good guy" too?

·
Registered
14,926 Posts
NRA Response:
Put an armed good guy with every firefighter truck going on a call:cool:

NRA Response:
Put an armed good guy in every bar.

NRA Response:
Put an armed good guy in every bike trail
We already have them, they are called POLICE, you know they people you all were knocking because they are to "brutal" for your standards...
Ever wonder why they are not around when you need them?

·
Registered
24,029 Posts
I am starting a new thread called shooting gallery. The purpose of the thread is to keep recording gun incidents and deaths in the US reported on the news. Please contribute if you see an incident worth posting. Please post only new gun related incidents in the US. It should be an interesting read a few months from now. I will start with this incident:

May I remind you this is an international site visited by international internationals throughout the world.

How dare you start a thread focused solely on the US and not invite international discourse.

1 - 20 of 13915 Posts