Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2005 ML350SE
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any other brands out there other than Bilsteins? I cants find any other manufacturer that makes rears for the ML.

Thanks

·
Registered
Black 2005 ML350 (W163), Black 2007 C230 Sport (W203)
82 Posts
Any other brands out there other than Bilsteins? I cants find any other manufacturer that makes rears for the ML.

Thanks
Here you go Joe. Don't know much about these but perhaps someone else does.

Monroe Reflex Shock Absorber (Part #TS911219)

Attachments

·
Registered
1997 W210 E320, 1999 W163 ML430, 2002 W203 C240
761 Posts
i think im due for shocks soon. I hear clanking sound when I hit big bumps now and then.

·
Registered
2005 ML350SE
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I saw the monroes, but it says they are only for the front. Im not sure what the differences are from the front to the back?

Sach's may make them.

Normally if your ML floats a lot over bumps, you should get them checked.

·
Registered
2000 ML320
81 Posts
Sachs are the OEM. Search the forum there is alot of info here on shocks. If im not mistaken I think Germanstar sells them.

·
Registered
01ML55 84 Porsche 944, 03 Eurovan, 98 M3 4 door, 01 964 C4 Targa
148 Posts
Fronts are conventional shocks, I have the Monroes on my ML55 and they definately outperform the Bilsteins that were on it as they are stiff enough to compensate for relaxing the torsion bar. The Bilsteins pogoed badly, I was very unhappy w/ them. You can get the Monroes from rockauto.com for $37.95ea. The rear uses McPherson struts. There probably is something else out there but I have never been able to source it out. I have the Bilsteins on the rear w/ the H&Rs and they seem to work really well w/ the Monroe fronts. I have always used Eibach springs on my 911s and BMWs but I was unable to source them for the ML. Going back to the stock Continental 285X50X18 tires w/ 30 pounds of pressure really smooths it out. I never drive off road and I put around 20K / yr on the truck in the last two years (90 % interstate) , it rides and handles great. Make sure you have a 4 wheel alignment done to compensate for the camber change lowering it, it will save you money in the long run w/ the tires. The coolest set-up I have ever gotten is for my 944. Ground Control makes a fully adjustable spring w/ the KONI adjustable struts and KONI adjustable rears. I can go from street to auto-X in about a half hour.

Good luck w/ it

Steve

·
Registered
2000 ml430, 99 infiniti i30 limited edition
980 Posts
Its strange when I checked my original front shocks they were kyb.

·
Registered
2005 ML350SE
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the information. I am sure someone other than Bilstein and Sachs makes shocks for the back...As you said, we just need to find them. Sourcing parts are hard on the net, harder than they should be.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts