Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

Recently my car(99 E300 td hasnt been driving as smooth and after getting it looked at its come back with a list

Ive been advised that i need

Front shocks x 2
Front wheel bearings x2 .. right side f***kd feels heavier when turning right
Front discs and pads
Front wishbone bushes x 2
Rear subframe bushes the ones that are off the frame smaller ones x 2
Rear right wheel bearing... has been making noise when off acceleration

How much labour do you think is involved hours?
I dont think i will be able to do it myself plus the weathers been bad aswell.

Thanks

·
Banned
1999 E300 TD
2,045 Posts
I'm surprised, I would have thought that you would do the easy stuff, like shocks and breaks yourself, even if the shocks would have to come off again to do the suspension work.

Regarding the direct labor, I have a guess, but would like to defer to those who have a business and this type of suspension work is routine and whether they are hungry or not!!

Now that's not the country for all you thin skinned Eastern Europeans. Don't take anything out of context and start pouting!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well to do the bearings the brakes have to come off anyway so im told?.. and the shocks hes going to working in the area and its jus 2 nuts so might aswell get it done by him

any more info guys

Thanks

·
Registered
Mercedes W210 E320 wagon
406 Posts
Dealer asked me $750 for replacing lower control arms bushing on both sides (HBL of Tysons in NoVA). I have plans to replace lower control arms instead of bushing in Spring time.
I don't have any information about rest of the jobs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My guy has told me it will take 5 hours and is going to charge me £200 in labour which isn't bad at all

thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts