1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
'91 U1250 '02 U500NA
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,
I've found a part for my Unimog for a good price,
unfortunately, the selling company doesn't ship internationally.
Any ideas, how to get it north of 49?

·
Registered
'91 U1250 '02 U500NA
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What kind of part we talking here? A brake rotor or bumper is going to be different than a door handle or valve stem :)
We are talking about the tie rod for U500.

·
Registered
1957 Unimog 30, 1999 E320, 2004 E320
352 Posts
What kind of part we talking here? A brake rotor or bumper is going to be different than a door handle or valve stem :)
What I do for large items that I want to import myself, I have them shipped to a PO box service in Maine and run down to pick up the package myself.

A quick search turned up a couple options, this was one of the first:

Luckily for me, the US border is only 2 hours away, looks like it would be a longer haul for you.

Jason

·
Registered
1966 404S (sold), 1963 S-P Haflinger 700AP
70 Posts
Hi everybody,
I've found a part for my Unimog for a good price,
unfortunately, the selling company doesn't ship internationally.
Any ideas, how to get it north of 49?
Could always ship it to a freight forwarder and have them send it up. Or find someone that's running a route up past you, and get them to transport. If you were on the route from Sweet Grass, MT to Alaska and the timing was right, I'd be happy to help you out, but I'm not heading back and forth for several more months.

·
Unimog Moderator
250GD Wolf
13,266 Posts
I have used the Montana sweetgrass re-ship before, I would NEVER use them again. I can provide details of the gross negligence they treated both my items, as well as personal FOIP-able information.

Is there a large difference in price that making ordering it from the local dealer unreasonable? (just curious). I can have a family member potentially re-ship it if needed.

·
Registered
'91 U1250 '02 U500NA
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have used the Montana sweetgrass re-ship before, I would NEVER use them again. I can provide details of the gross negligence they treated both my items, as well as personal FOIP-able information.

Is there a large difference in price that making ordering it from the local dealer unreasonable? (just curious). I can have a family member potentially re-ship it if needed.
Hi Trev,
I've found complete tie rod for U500 for $ 227 US. That sounds like a good price.
I think Czechsix has a right idea - using freight forwarder.
Thanks for the offer, but I wouldn't want 3rd party getting involved in shipping some kind of piece of pipe.
Just too much hustle IMO. If it was between Moggers - no problem, because I'd be willing to help as well if needed.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
No problem. I live in MT and travel to Calgary alot. Its no problem. I brought some barrels up there a while back....it can go in the cab.

If I can ge

Help be more than happy...we could meet in Lethbridge up to Calgary...pm of you need help

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Oh Canada...bless the folks up there. How you guys deal with the VAT??

I imported 5 axles up to a buyer in Canada. What an experience. 2 axles were free as they were his....the other 3 he paid to have them shipped to a freight fwd at the border. I picked them up and brought them to him direct....boy oh boy. When the border agent saw two different values for the axles...he flipped out and changed the one invoice to match the invoice of the 3 axles. In the end he wanted $300 extra in VAT. His excuse....I have to do whats in the best interest of Canada....Common Wealth....LOL. in the end the buyer ended up paying me more.

·
Registered
'91 U1250 '02 U500NA
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No problem. I live in MT and travel to Calgary alot. Its no problem. I brought some barrels up there a while back....it can go in the cab.

If I can ge

Help be more than happy...we could meet in Lethbridge up to Calgary...pm of you need help
Hi Monstermog,
I appreciate the offer.
I've done some research on that tie rod, I was going to import, and found out it has two replaceable ends, which are not mentioned in original EPC for U500NA.
The ends are: one left hand thread and one right hand thread.
Those, I am able bring to Canada, so hopefully, I can rebuild that tie rod altogether.
Happy New Year!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Try this service http://shipaa.com. I’ve used it when I needed to transport my car from Toronto to Mexico. They provide very good conditions for your car and very nice price. As I understood, this company mainly works with experience ones, so their trucks are totally perfect for transportation. I’ve used this service twice and both times my car arrived very fast, clean and with no scratches at all! They have even washed it. So, this service is the best I’ve ever used. Hope my comment will help you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts