Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1988 300E
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

i was wondering if anyone know what i could do to keep my brushed metals that are shiny to keep from oxidizing. i normally use steel whole to brush anything i can to get the oxidation off of it, but eventually itll get back to how it was.

·
Sith Lord
72 280SE 88 560SEC 92 E500 6.0 95 SL320 14 GLK350
11,813 Posts
Clear-coat it - if there's not much heat around.

·
Registered
1987 300E, 1955 Plymouth Belvedere, 2005 Silverado 4x4
963 Posts
I have used Eagle One Never Dull polish wadding for years. It seems to work on all automotive metals, even cad plating.

·
Registered
1988 300E
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have used Eagle One Never Dull polish wadding for years. It seems to work on all automotive metals, even cad plating.
alright, sounds great. do you know where i can find some locally?

Which metals are you talking about?... steel... aluminum... or stainless steel?
well im unsure cause it ranges from the piping that comes from the fuel distributor and the distributor its self to the little bracket that holds the gas cap inside the fuel door

·
Registered
1987 300E, 1955 Plymouth Belvedere, 2005 Silverado 4x4
963 Posts
IIRC I last got the Eagle One polish wadding at AutoZone. It comes in a silver can with a removable metal top. It is in with the car waxes and cleaners.

·
Registered
W124
5,176 Posts
The wadding products like Never Dull and Eagle One are relatively easy to use and do a decent job. Once you have used them, Simichrome will take the finish to a new level. It is popular with the motorcycle crowd. It comes in a "toothpaste tube" and is found at most motorcycle shops. It will make aluminum, stainless steel, and many other soft metals/platings shine like a mirror.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts