Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Shift-Matic

G
1213 3
My 430 is going to be arriving soon. I've done tons of research on this car and the only negative thing I found was the shift-matic. An article said that it was not that responsive. Especially down shifting it took a while before the gear would kick in. Is this true? Also, can you shift through all gears from 1-5?<br>And can you redline in any gear?...or does the car automatically shift for you if you get too high in rpms? Please let me know. Thank you!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
You can red line<br>You can go from 1-5<p>Have fun with your new CAR!<p>-esoin<p>: My 430 is going to be arriving soon. I've done tons of research on this car and the only negative thing I found was the shift-matic. An article said that it was not that responsive. Especially down shifting it took a while before the gear would kick in. Is this true? Also, can you shift through all gears from 1-5?<br>And can you redline in any gear?...or does the car automatically shift for you if you get too high in rpms? Please let me know. Thank you!<p>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, you can redline it. I have done this many times while racing people in my 430...it's fun, but response isnt that great.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes you can go from 1-5 manually and the gears shift when you snick the shifter from left to right. the car wont automatically shift for you, if you redline the rev-limiter will kick in and make you think you just ran out of gas.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.