Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I bought a shift knob for my 2000 E320 from carpartsdiscount.com. It looks real good but it doesn't fit. Has anyone else bought any shift knobs from them and had any problems like this? I even called them before making the order and they reassured me that it would fit on my car.

·
Registered
2006 W220 S430 and 2010 W204 C300 Sport
227 Posts
Need more info why you think it will not fit. Was this knob a universal type? If so, the shifter stalk is very thin, and where the knob mounts is a non-common design due to the way the MBZ knob mounts.

At any rate, more data is needed to help.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The knob doesn't have the same mounting mechanism compared to the original shift knob. This aftermarket one is advertised as "This knob fits all Mercedes E-Class 1995-2003 without leather boot". The bottom part screws in to the top part so it doesnt take much brains but it just doesnt fit. I called the vendor today and he said he never had problems with that shift knob so either this is a faulty knob or I am doing something wrong.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Had a similar problem with a friends C180, i eventually found that i hadn't pushed the knob down far enough.

If the new one you got has the same mechanism as the old one it shoudl fit (eventually). Just push it down a bit more and then twist the bottom cap till it locks in place (Only if the mechanism is the same as the old one)

Hope this helps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts