Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know any diy's or tricks to repair the shift center wood panel bottom piece that holds it down firmly which commonly breaks. i'v seen and used the screw into the console at the bottom to hold it down but i realy dont want to resort to that just yet. to be more specific the platic peice underneath the panel oppisite of the ash tray.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Same thing here too. I think my dealership broke mine

I reattached the post to the wood backing with some jb weld, but the console seems to have some play in the hole that the post slides through. One thought that comes to mind is to find an o-ring that would sit in the hole. That would then reduce/eliminate the play. I have not attempted this yet.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I rarely see a Mercedes that doesn't have a broken panel!
Mine aint broken. :) But then again I don't have electric windows and have a manual 'box, so I never needed to open the panel. However, my flasher relay is slowly dying on me, so I'll probably have to open the panel soon.
Maybe I should have said: Mine aint broken yet.

I think Prez808 has got the right idea.

·
Registered
253 Posts
That's how they break apparently. From people/techs that forget or don't know how to remove it. In your case Etienne, be sure to slide the console back. Lifting it up is what breaks the post.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts