Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the 126 is sold.....for a bmw 318i!

The exspense costs on it were too much to handle.

·
Registered
1988 560SEL
195 Posts
Wow, too bad, the 318 is possibly the worst motor BMW ever built. I have a friend who has one with less than 150kms on it has been thru 2 motors. And then the infamous BMW electricals...
Well good luck, let us know how you make out.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ah damn u gave it away!!

APRIL FOOLS!![:D][:D][:D]

A Bmw over any Mercedes!? Pfft kill me if I do that.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Hey w/gas on its way to $4 or $5 a gallon, hopefully more people on this forum will be dumping their 126's and go back to taking the bus. Fine w/me!

·
Registered
1991 300 SE
18,534 Posts
BOL – I believed you, what with the way you talk about your 380, I would not be surprised at all. [:(]

·
Registered
93 190E 2.6; 82 300 SD Turbo
1,678 Posts
MBGary has a lot of weird pictures lol one for every occasion. LOL
Once i liked BMW, but then I didnt. I tihnk the only cars ill ever buy will be 126 chassis'd. even if in they year 2050 i have to have the entire rebuilt chassis and all from a speciality shop i wil ldo it !

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
JDC, you're right I do sometimes bad mouth my car but thats only when theres a problem with it then I hate it. We have a love-hate relationship. I sometimes forget how old it is and how it is for its age and thats when I love it again cause its so damn good.

Being 22, at this age were picky and nobody can keep a car longer than a yr for some reason. We just need to try everything but me and the 126 have been through thick and thin so far. I would feel bad to let it go.

Attachments

·
Registered
450 SL 1976
222 Posts
MRTIKKET - 4/2/2005 2:48 AM

Hey w/gas on its way to $4 or $5 a gallon, hopefully more people on this forum will be dumping their 126's and go back to taking the bus. Fine w/me!
*LOL* I'm currently paying 6$ a gallon... And seriously considering imigrating!!! ...and that's not even mentioning the 180% taxes we have on cars....!! So whatever you guys are paying for a new car, I can multiply with 3 - can you believe that sh*t...

And that's no aprilfools - Benzonline's was a good one!![;)]

·
Registered
380SEC EURO
1,430 Posts
Benzonline - 4/3/2005 12:37 PM

ah damn u gave it away!!

APRIL FOOLS!![:D][:D][:D]

A Bmw over any Mercedes!? Pfft kill me if I do that.
I knew it! [:D]

I knew it was a joke immediately when you mentioned the BMW...

·
Registered
03' C320 4Matic SS
670 Posts
Benzonline that pic with u cleanin your engine looks like not much is covered in the process is that right? i'm thinkin of just washin my engine and covin the fuse box, and battery or nething i think should be cover i hope it'll be fine i'll be using engine gunk of course

·
Registered
03' C320 4Matic SS
670 Posts
This sounds dumb but can u show me which is the alternator and throttle body?? thanx in advance

·
Registered
03' C320 4Matic SS
670 Posts
i also dont know how to remove the whole air intake?? do i really need to remove the whole intake to clean my engine

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Dont touch the intakes....the alternator is this pulley looking thing below and you'll see a belt hooked up to it and the thing spinning has fins on it.

·
Registered
1991 300 SE
18,534 Posts
The air cleaner housing comes off by removing the butterfly nut on the center and the clips on the side. The first image is the engine sans air cleaner housing (I misappropriated it from member MBL [}:)]) and modified it some to help you get oriented to the engine lay out. Note that the distributor and P/S pump are toward the front of the car.

As noted above cover the throttle body/air intake/meter plate opening. The second image is the alt, cover that as well it’s located on the passenger side of the car. If you’re using some kind of high pressure thing I would also cover the fuel distributor and EHA unit. Note also the various CIS – E sensor and connector locations, I’d avoid or cover those as well.

Good luck, please be careful – I don’t want you to have to post a thread called “Just cleaned my engine and now it won’t start!�

EDIT: Ok, well it seems I can’t post the alt pic – it looks like a little generator which is what it is.

[:(!][:(][xx(]

Attachments

1 - 20 of 29 Posts