Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2002 E320 sports limitted edition
Joined
·
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, well I finally went and got my Benz new tires that she really needed today. I ended up with the Micellin PS2 though more expensive since I have the 17 inch wheels on my car. My MB service advisor said they were $275 per tire at the dealer and gave me a name of a great tire place that he does business with and they gave me a free alignment when I mentioned he referred me. Not cheap! I got out the door with 4 new tires including everything for $830. I also checked other places and this was the most reasonable out of all of them. I thought it was nice of my MB service advisor to refer me and hook me up with a free alignment that would cost $45 :thumbsup: I can really notice the difference in the ride big time! My other tires just SUCKED! Amazing how much more enjoyable it is to drive her! :D
 

·
Registered
99 E430 Sport
Joined
·
115 Posts
not bad getting the free alignment, but I dont know about the price, its still kinda high, around here you can get a set for around 600 mounted, Im also from socal, should have tried the 626 area, they are full of great tire dealers there. They always post of craigslist.
 

·
Registered
2002 E320 sports limitted edition
Joined
·
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So far I love my new tires! Ride is smoother then those horrible Sumo tires I had. I know if I looked around I could have found the tires cheaper but I did call at least 5 other places in OC including Costco (which doesn't do alignment) and these at Tucker Tires were the best price. Also, I didn't want to drive a long way to save a few hundred bucks as I am for convenience so I am happy with the price and free alignment. They will rotate them like some other places do, for free so I have to remember to do them in the next 5k miles. I need to put some shine in the tires though, so what does everyone use on their tires? I could wait until next week when they come to the office to wash and wax our cars but I want some SPRUCE in them sooner! Going to Pep Boys tomorrow to see what I can find.
 

·
Premium Member
2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
Joined
·
17,193 Posts
Congrats of the new tires Debbi, I'm so glad you are happy with them! I don't treat my tires, but I'm a firm believer in just about everything Meguiars makes (not the leather care but mainly because I like Leatherique for that).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
well thats not a bad price for everything, but the (alignment that would cost $45) my mb dealer charges me $100 for alignment, $45 is way too low.
 

·
Registered
2002 E320 sports limitted edition
Joined
·
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mackmack said:
well thats not a bad price for everything, but the (alignment that would cost $45) my mb dealer charges me $100 for alignment, $45 is way too low.
Actually the alignment is $65 but I got a special price of $45 through my MB referral then the owner decided he would just throw in the free alignment as a favor to my SA at MB who had referred a ton of people to him. The place is a old building in this small industrial area but they are always SUPER busy and have been in business for more then 25 years. People love the prices and service. I will definitely keep using them again! :thumbsup: Most of the cars there were either MB or BMW's so he does a lot of luxury cars. Then again those cars are a dime a dozen out here in The OC.
 

·
Registered
2002 E320 sports limitted edition
Joined
·
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Musikmann said:
Congrats of the new tires Debbi, I'm so glad you are happy with them! I don't treat my tires, but I'm a firm believer in just about everything Meguiars makes (not the leather care but mainly because I like Leatherique for that).
I sometimes treat my tires but most of the time they don't have to be treated because someone comes out to wash it almost once a week and they treat the tires. However, I skipped the wash this past week so I want to spruce up the sheen on the tires since my car is fairly clean. Ok good to know Musikmann, I will ask for Meguiars when I go to Pep Boys today. Where can I get Leatherique? Would Pep Boys have it? I need something to treat my leather inside the car as well. ;)
 

·
Premium Member
2012 C300 Sport 4Matic and 2003 CLK430 Cabrio
Joined
·
1,919 Posts
The best tire shine that I have found is by Eagle One, it last all week until the next wash and will not sling off on the car while driving. Its very thick and you have to wipe it on.
 

·
Premium Member
2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
Joined
·
17,193 Posts
Debbibaron

debbibaron said:
I sometimes treat my tires but most of the time they don't have to be treated because someone comes out to wash it almost once a week and they treat the tires. However, I skipped the wash this past week so I want to spruce up the sheen on the tires since my car is fairly clean. Ok good to know Musikmann, I will ask for Meguiars when I go to Pep Boys today. Where can I get Leatherique? Would Pep Boys have it? I need something to treat my leather inside the car as well. ;)
Sorry Debbi - I just saw your question! :(

Pep Boys should have almost everything you might want from Meguiar's but they won't have Leaterique.

You have to get Leatherique directly from them, or at least you used to. Just click this:

Leatherique

It's a lot of work, but you don't have to use the hard step (Rejuvinator Oil) very often unless your leather is really bad. LOL, I know you well enough to know that is not the case.

Good Luck!
 

·
Registered
E320/E250 Bluetec Ford F350 6.7l
Joined
·
36,354 Posts
BTW most of tire shines shorten the life of the rubber.
There is UV protectant, that will make the rubber shine called "Formula 303"
It is also unbeatable on fiberglass. My boat looks great regardless some years.
 

·
Registered
2002 E320 sports limitted edition
Joined
·
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Kajtek1 said:
From what I remember Costco is selling Michelins for around $170 and their lifetime balancing and full insurance is unbeatable.
Not for the same Michelins I put on my car. Costco was $15 per tire more expensive and they don't do alignments either. I also have insurance from the place I bought my tires and free tire rotation every 5k miles or so. Costco has the same deal on tire rotation. I am quiet pleased with the deal I got. Maybe in a different area tires would have been cheaper but won't drive 30 miles or so out of way to save a few bucks. I usually get my tires at Costco but now I found a place offering me a better deal through my SA at Mercedes Benz. Can't beat it :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
2002 E320 sports limitted edition
Joined
·
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Musikmann said:
Sorry Debbi - I just saw your question! :(

Pep Boys should have almost everything you might want from Meguiar's but they won't have Leaterique.

You have to get Leatherique directly from them, or at least you used to. Just click this:

Leatherique

It's a lot of work, but you don't have to use the hard step (Rejuvinator Oil) very often unless your leather is really bad. LOL, I know you well enough to know that is not the case.

Good Luck!
:p Thanks for the post Musikmann. My leather is in great shape. My car looks almost brand new inside. I am going to purchase the Rejunivator Oil to keep it in good shape. The guys that come to my office to wash my car use really good stuff on it as well. I think it might be the stuff actually. Well I am enjoying my after work Grey Goose Vodka Martini this evening! I do like Gin and Tonic. Haven't had it in a long time since last time I woke up with the worst headache from drinking too many. I never get hangover's with just a few good quality Vodka drinks. Any kind of high grade Gin you recommend? Not too good with Gin. Just know my white wines and Vodka's! :thumbsup:
 

·
Premium Member
2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
Joined
·
17,193 Posts
Hi Debbibaron

debbibaron said:
:p Thanks for the post Musikmann. My leather is in great shape. My car looks almost brand new inside. I am going to purchase the Rejunivator Oil to keep it in good shape. The guys that come to my office to wash my car use really good stuff on it as well. I think it might be the stuff actually. Well I am enjoying my after work Grey Goose Vodka Martini this evening! I do like Gin and Tonic. Haven't had it in a long time since last time I woke up with the worst headache from drinking too many. I never get hangover's with just a few good quality Vodka drinks. Any kind of high grade Gin you recommend? Not too good with Gin. Just know my white wines and Vodka's! :thumbsup:
Hi again Debbi,

The thing about Rejuvinator Oil is that we are supposed to apply it with a soft brush or bare hands (lol, clip your fingernails if you use your hands), and let it "bake in the sun" for 24-48 hours to let it really soak in. Then we use the Prestine Clean to wipe it off, and on ocassion to just clean it. Obviously, to do it right, it's a weekend-long project!

I like G&Ts too, but there is a lot of suger in tonic water and that might have given you the headache. My personal favorite gin is called Plymouth and that has been distilled in the UK for something like 350 years. LOL, they have had a lot of practice by now. Another good one is called Happy Gin - it's easy to spot because there is a big smiley face on the odd-shaped bottle. FWIW, there is also Happy Vodka, Tequila and Rum from the same people. Another good gin is Tanqueray 10 - but the darn stuff is about $40/fifth here.

Cheers,
MM
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top