Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Vanquish S
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the time has come and she has left her home and found a new one.

The guy was really nice and loved the car so it made me feel good.

For all you Black and Silver lovers, he said the best part of the car was the color so maybe some day we can put Aegean Blue on the same level as Silver and Black.

I got $125,000. I think I could have gotten more if I wanted to hold out but I just didn't want to go through the headaches and I could tell they were about to come.

I had three buyers but not sure how many were real. He showed up today with a check and that was good enough for me. You can't buy peace of mind and it is now done.

Probably going to buy either a Jaguar sedan or BMW 750 LI as my daily driver.

Can't wait for my Aston Martin Vanquish S to show up.

Thanks to all for you comments and support. [:)]

·
Registered
2007 S550 Sport
911 Posts
HI lovin

I am glad your headache is done. I just wanted to warn you, that I have 2 friends with 2005 7 series (i think before the recent face lift) and they have problem after problem after problem.

Just don't want you to have to go through that all over again.

You should read in the W220 Forum my sorrows.... go to the post that says "OH GOD HELP ME" :)

brad

·
Registered
2005 RENNtech SL600
195 Posts
Sorry to hear that the car just didn't work itself out for you. I have enjoyed your commentary tremendously throughout the winter months. Please do not leave the forum as you have much to offer all of us. I can not wait to hear about your Aston Martin, so please let me know as soon as you have it. Good Luck!!

·
Registered
2000 E55 2003 SL500
38 Posts
HI LOVIN, I AM GLAD YOU WERE ABLE TO GET A REASONALBLE PRICE FOR YOUR WELL THOUGHT OUT SL. WHAT DID YOU THING OF ME BEING ABLE TO ORDER SL600 2006 WITH BLACK ASH AND BLACK ATLANCRE. I ASSUME THAT YOUR PROBLEMS WITH THE SL KEEP YOU FROM AN E OR S MODEL FOR YOUR DAILY DRIVER. HOPE YOU LIKE THE ASTON MARTIN WHEN IT ARRIVES. I HAVE ENJOYED YOUR COMMENTARY ON THE BOARD. TOM

·
Registered
2006 Vanquish S
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SL600TOM - 5/10/2005 5:39 AM

HI LOVIN, I AM GLAD YOU WERE ABLE TO GET A REASONALBLE PRICE FOR YOUR WELL THOUGHT OUT SL. WHAT DID YOU THING OF ME BEING ABLE TO ORDER SL600 2006 WITH BLACK ASH AND BLACK ATLANCRE. I ASSUME THAT YOUR PROBLEMS WITH THE SL KEEP YOU FROM AN E OR S MODEL FOR YOUR DAILY DRIVER. HOPE YOU LIKE THE ASTON MARTIN WHEN IT ARRIVES. I HAVE ENJOYED YOUR COMMENTARY ON THE BOARD. TOM
I had checked during the middle of April to see if the ordering guidelines were on the Mercedes Benz NETSTAR system and I found that they were.

At that time I started playing with the ordering guidelines and saw that you could now specify the wood and the alcantara finish.

That would have saved me a fortune if I could have done that not to mention the huge headaches.

Truthfully, I am glad they did it because it needed to be done. I mean for what we are spending on these cars, they have the material, why not give the consumer the ability.

I wasn't surprised but I was very happy for you. Your car is going to be gorgeous and I can't wait to see pictures when it comes in.

Yes, my problems with the SL put anything with a Mercedes logo on it as a possibily for another car.

·
Registered
2006 Vanquish S
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No...not yet

lnguyenh - 5/15/2005 4:37 PM

Look at LovinSL600 image [:)]. Did you get delivered your V. S?
Unfortunately, if you look at the top of the picture it says "on order".

It goes into production on August 8th. Is completed on September 5th.

It takes 32 days to ship via sea but I have made arrangements to have her flown in via air so it will take only 3-4 days.

Should have her by September 10th which seems like a million years away.

·
Registered
2006 Vanquish S
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Storm. - 5/15/2005 6:24 PM

Lovin I hope you realise that the Vanquish S is slower, heavier and more expeosive than the DB9 - which has been proven time and time again to be the better choice.
I know you are just joking. If you are not than your knowledge on this matter is so lacking it is not even worth the discussion.

·
Registered
2007 S550 Sport
911 Posts
Storm. - 5/15/2005 9:24 PM

Lovin I hope you realise that the Vanquish S is slower, heavier and more expeosive than the DB9 - which has been proven time and time again to be the better choice.

eeks storm, thats not correct at all... Just check some recent car magazines online for up to date info. That Vanquish S is a very serious automobile and if you HAVE to compare it to the DB9....It is still faster. Weight plays no part.... take a look under the hood. Take a look at the craftsmenship inside and out... take a look at the lines, the style, the sculpture. LOVIN - u know you have one amazing car comin...

PS - How much extra if i may ask did AM charge to "air express it" to you instead of sea delivery?

·
Registered
SL500, CL55, E350, E320
3,205 Posts
RE: No...not yet

LovinSL600 - 5/15/2005 7:47 PM

lnguyenh - 5/15/2005 4:37 PM

Look at LovinSL600 image [:)]. Did you get delivered your V. S?
Unfortunately, if you look at the top of the picture it says "on order".

It goes into production on August 8th. Is completed on September 5th.

It takes 32 days to ship via sea but I have made arrangements to have her flown in via air so it will take only 3-4 days.

Should have her by September 10th which seems like a million years away.
Sweeeeet ... could I ride with you on that day? (it's my BD hehehe [:p])

·
Registered
2006 Vanquish S
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
RE: No...not yet

lnguyenh - 5/16/2005 7:02 AM

Sweeeeet ... could I ride with you on that day? (it's my BD hehehe [:p])
If you are in town that day it would be my pleasure to take you for a ride and wish you HB. [:)]

·
Registered
2006 Vanquish S
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Chucky300 - 5/16/2005 4:53 AM

Storm. - 5/15/2005 9:24 PM

eeks storm, thats not correct at all... Just check some recent car magazines online for up to date info. That Vanquish S is a very serious automobile and if you HAVE to compare it to the DB9....It is still faster. Weight plays no part.... take a look under the hood. Take a look at the craftsmenship inside and out... take a look at the lines, the style, the sculpture. LOVIN - u know you have one amazing car comin...

PS - How much extra if i may ask did AM charge to "air express it" to you instead of sea delivery?
Thanks and yes, I know how amazing this car is. That is why Storm's comments didn't even warrant an answer.

In answer to your question about the air freight, if you want to ship the car in an open container which I would never do because people can mess with your car then it around $10,000 extra.

The enclosed container is somewhere around $15,000 depending upon if they use a wooden one or a steel one. They are checking on which is the best enclosed container to use because a lot depends on what type of cargo plane is available and the equipment at the airports to load and unload.

They unload the entire container, bring the car to the dealer in the enclosed container and you get to see them break open the container. I think that is going to be fun to watch.

·
Registered
White SL
88 Posts
I JUST BOUGHT A BRAND NEW SL500 AND I WENT TO CLEAN THE NAVI SCREEN WITH MY FINGER TO GET THE DUST OF, AND IT MADE A MARK ON THE SCREEN, THEN I TOOK A TOWEL TO TRY TO GET THE MARK AND THE DUST OF AND THAT MADE AN EVEN BIGGER SMUGE/MARK WHICH NOW, WONT GO AWAY, ANYONE KNOW IF THIS IS NORMAL AND WHAT CAN BE DONE TO FIX IT

·
Registered
White SL
88 Posts
I JUST BOUGHT A BRAND NEW SL500 AND I WENT TO CLEAN THE NAVI SCREEN WITH MY FINGER TO GET THE DUST OF, AND IT MADE A MARK ON THE SCREEN, THEN I TOOK A TOWEL TO TRY TO GET THE MARK AND THE DUST OF AND THAT MADE AN EVEN BIGGER SMUGE/MARK WHICH NOW, WONT GO AWAY, ANYONE KNOW IF THIS IS NORMAL AND WHAT CAN BE DONE TO FIX IT

·
Registered
2001 S500
40 Posts
Lovin,

Just curious as to what you got as a daily driver. If I had to steer away from mercedes I would absolutley look into the Maserati Quattroporte. Its so refined and pretty it might be the only sedan I would take over an S-Class.

Wish you luck and Aston Martin has long been one of my favriote manufacture

Ben P

http://www.maserati.com/jsp/introSottosezione.jsp?menuKey=m50&category=%2Fmaserati%2Fcars%2Fquattroporte&[email protected]@@@[email protected]@@@&BV_EngineID=ccccaddejhgmdidcefeceegdgimdfmg.0

·
Registered
2001 S500
40 Posts
Lovin,

Just curious as to what you got as a daily driver. If I had to steer away from mercedes I would absolutley look into the Maserati Quattroporte. Its so refined and pretty it might be the only sedan I would take over an S-Class.

Ben P

http://www.maserati.com/jsp/introSottosezione.jsp?menuKey=m50&category=%2Fmaserati%2Fcars%2Fquattroporte&[email protected]@@@[email protected]@@@&BV_EngineID=ccccaddejhgmdidcefeceegdgimdfmg.0

Attachments

·
Registered
2006 Vanquish S
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
whitejavaS500 - 5/18/2005 4:13 PM

Lovin,

Ben P

I looked at this car and I agree it is a good choice.

I decided however after also looking at the new Jaguar Super V8 Portfolio that this car would be a better choice for me.

It is faster, they will only import 150 into the US for 2006 and I liked how the car looked. The Jaguar also had SIRIUS satellite radio which was a must and Maserati did not have that. Also, the availability was much better as my car should arrive in August.

Let me know what you think?

·
Registered
2007 S550 Sport
911 Posts
LOVIN!!!!!
:)

I look up to you so much!!!!!!

I think the Jaguar Portfolio is GORGEOUS! I know it comes only in 2 colors, black cherry and winter gold i think. Which are you getting (please tell me black cherry!) hehe

I never thought id meet someone who loves and knows so much about cars! Even the rare ones like the portfolio model. Most ppl would just say "jaguar XJ" :)

Too bad you dont live in NY! id love to go to a car show with you! I hope you wouldnt mind hanging out with a 24 year old, we can be rather immature at times!

·
Registered
2006 Vanquish S
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Chucky300 - 5/19/2005 5:04 AM

LOVIN!!!!!
:)

I look up to you so much!!!!!!

I think the Jaguar Portfolio is GORGEOUS! I know it comes only in 2 colors, black cherry and winter gold i think. Which are you getting (please tell me black cherry!) hehe

I never thought id meet someone who loves and knows so much about cars! Even the rare ones like the portfolio model. Most ppl would just say "jaguar XJ" :)

Too bad you dont live in NY! id love to go to a car show with you! I hope you wouldnt mind hanging out with a 24 year old, we can be rather immature at times!
Trust me, we would have a great time and you would laugh your ass off too. I like to have fun and joke around. I work very hard at not growing up. [:)]

And...of course black cherry!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts