Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1982 300sd
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First I would like to say this site is great, thanks to you guys, my sunroof works again, and my car looks a lot better. The car unfortunately had been neglected. My Dad bought it around 4 yrs ago, never cleaned it and from the looks of it when he bought it neither did previous owner. It sat for 2-3 yrs (until I got my hands on it a couple months ago.
It has a rattling and shake when stopped, and when going under 20-25 mph.
Odometer and Rpm do not work.
Front window will not roll up. It quit a few weeks ago.I took the door off, and loosened motor, motor runs, when switch pushed for down position but not up.
Car has well over 350k Fuel filters were changed last month as well as alternator
Thanks for any help you guys can give.

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
shake is most likely motor mounts..very common on a diesel. I would wager that car would benefit greatly from a couple cans of diesel purge as well.

Have you tried swaping the switches around?

Jonathan

·
Registered
1991 300 SE
18,534 Posts
I’d also recommend a straight IP purge and valve adjustment. When was the oil and filter last changed? You’ve got to change the oil often with diesels. With those miles it sounds like she was cared for when running, before being neglected. [:(]

·
Registered
1984 280SEL AMG
701 Posts
I would check what the others said, but also check the exhaust system. and the transmition mount and mounting brackets..

Good Luck, you have a hand full now, but when your done fixen her up, she'll run you another 350K miles

1 - 5 of 5 Posts