Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:surrender:

does anyone have a clue in removing this oxidized star emblem for w126? i had tried to remove by using the chrome polish or compound which claims to remove any oxidization but ended up it only polish the surface but not able to remove the oxidized marks.

Attachments

·
Banned
472 Posts
Hello Friend,
Nice to see a 126er on this forum. You, from what I can tell, have a GEN 1 w126. This means your w126 is between 1979-1985. That is why you are lucky enough to have a real metal trunk emblem, rather than a crappy plastic one. Your options from my experience include the following:
1.Drive down to the Mercedes Dealer, an order a brand new one for your year, costing under a 100 bucks.
2. Find a good quality (read several reviews) local chrome plater, who will charge about 50-75 dollars to have it re-plated.
I have a had more than enough experience with chrome/pot metal, and trust me, there is no polish on this earth that will take out those pits.
I hope everything works out,
Der Bomber

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks mate....
i wondered there would be any new one for my year, as it had been discontinued for such long... there are couple of them on ebay, but none of them are brand new, i m looking for it on the germany online stores to see if i can get any spare one from the factory or aftermarket...
thanks....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts