Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2000 E320 Sedan Silver
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So with the daylight savings time change I sought to correct (fall back) my time display by one hour, only to find that my date was listed as March 28, 2000, and that the changes I made to time and date would not hold. I was using Comand and updating through the double din unit (time and date is not an available setting under Settings in the dash display on this car). I got nowhere no matter how I tried to make the changes - I could make the changes, but the changes would not hold for more than 45 minutes or so.

Here's what I tried: with car not running and key in either 1st or 2nd position, I pushed SYS, then Settings, then Time and Date, then made the changes, then pushed the Back button for more than a second until I heard the beep. No luck in holding those changes doing it this way.

Now, I did fix the hourly display issue - but only because I found the Automatic Daylight Savings Time box and Unchecked it! Voila, the time was now correct (minutes were always spot on).

I asked my repair guy, and he said I had a malfunction somewhere in the system that he would simply have to spend time working through and it could get very costly.

Am I overlooking something basic here? Anyone ever had this issue? I don't think I need the date so much (I'm not aware that its essential for the proper running of the vehicle) and I suppose next Spring I can 'spring forward' by re-checking the Automatic Daylight Savings Time box, but it would be nice to fix this issue properly and if not I suppose its another item to add to my list of reasons for move on to a W211. But I do really like this car! So, anyone have a solution? Thanks!

·
Registered
2002 E55 AMG Sedan
1,110 Posts
I never had the problem with the clock. It's always accurate since it updates automatically. But I do have the problem with the date. It was accurate until July of this year where it reset back to 1999 and I can't change it back. Sometimes I am able to change it before it connects to a satellite but it will not save my changes. And once it connects to a satellite it locks you out from making date changes.

By the way you don't need to key in the ignition to change the settings in comand

1 - 3 of 3 Posts