Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible to set the mirrors on the latest A and B to automatically tilt themselves donwards whenever you select reverse gear?

What I mean by tilt downwards is so you can see the kerb, which lets face it helps when parrallel parking etc!

I have seen this before on Meredes so I am guessing it should just be a setting somewhere?

Would appreciate any help, tried posting in the A section a while back without much luck.

·
Registered
2006 B 200 .....& Audi A6..
7,884 Posts
To have the curb side mirror tilt down would require a motor mechanism to do so.
My Audi does it, but you have to select the mirror to do so. When backing up, you don't always want the curb side mirror to tilt down.
It's a wonderful option, but I haven't seen it available on the B.(yet)

Derek

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought it would be a software implement, as you can manually tilt the mirrors by pressing the buttons on door.

·
Registered
W245 B150 SE
149 Posts
AFAIK the MBs that support it require you to press the left or right mirror select button before engaging reverse gear so that the car knows which mirror to dip. It's not in the Convenience menu as standard, but may be possible to program it using STAR - not certain about that though!

·
Registered
7,884 Posts
Nothing happened because I suspect that the necessary software and hardware isn't there. I've never seen them advertising that the B Class had tilting mirrors. Has anyone?

Maybe the next edition will have it as an additional cost option.

Derek

·
Registered
B200T
27 Posts
Makes perfect sense to me that if the mirrors are already motorized why not have them tilt when reversing? These cars have so many wires already what's a few more wires between mirrors? :D

·
Registered
B200 T 2007 Gone, Discovery Sport 2016
1,581 Posts
Makes perfect sense to me that if the mirrors are already motorized why not have them tilt when reversing? These cars have so many wires already what's a few more wires between mirrors? :D

The rear wipers go on in reverse. I'm sure Mercedes could run a few meters of #16 A.W.G. coper wire and not ding us more than $500:eek:

Bill

·
Registered
7,884 Posts
The rear wipers go on in reverse. I'm sure Mercedes could run a few meters of #16 A.W.G. copper wire and not ding us more than $500:eek:

Bill
That's exactly what you would need.....plus a selection switch installed in the center console to activate the downward mirror choice.

Not very hard to do and very convenient when getting close to a curb.

Derek

·
Registered
2006 B150
19 Posts
That's exactly what you would need.....plus a selection switch installed in the center console to activate the downward mirror choice.

Not very hard to do and very convenient when getting close to a curb.

Derek
I was hoping by now someone had figured it out. I would love to have such option added to my B.
Anyway, I did something new, I can now open the back hatch using the fob key remotely. Is that new or am I outdated?
If anyone is interested, I can post DIY about that.
Regards.

·
Outstanding Contributor Always Remembered RIP
216 with everything. 2002 SL500 with everything. 2009 SL500 with everything.
6,543 Posts
This rear mirror tilting in R needs the car to have the memory package.

·
Registered
2006 B200T
923 Posts
I was hoping by now someone had figured it out. I would love to have such option added to my B.
Anyway, I did something new, I can now open the back hatch using the fob key remotely. Is that new or am I outdated?
If anyone is interested, I can post DIY about that.
Regards.
Hey abouzeid, please explain how you managed to get the back hatch opened with the key fob. I would be totally interested in this. Did you get a motorized strut package from another vehicle? Please post.

Also, if anyone has figured out how to drop the passenger mirror when reversing, please post as well.

·
Registered
2006 B150
19 Posts
Hey abouzeid, please explain how you managed to get the back hatch opened with the key fob. I would be totally interested in this. Did you get a motorized strut package from another vehicle? Please post.

Also, if anyone has figured out how to drop the passenger mirror when reversing, please post as well.
Actually popping up the trunk seems to be an easy task, but you have to do it on your own risk.
First, you have to buy a three buttons key case as this one (around 14 usd)

Second, get the chip out of your key, you will notice two switchs ( buttons) are on the board, and in the place of the third button are only two silver metal connectors.

All you have to do is get a button that is the same size (in my case was a button from an old MP3 played) and then solder it to those silver connectors.
Be extra careful not to burn anything on the chip by overheating.

Last, insert the chip and the battery into the new case with the three buttons.

Now everytime you need to popup the trunk just keep pressing the third button for three seconds and.....magic happends

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts