Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I have recently got a W209, imported from Japan. I have noticed that in the operating system, I do not have the option to configure the clock. I have been given a manual (it's from a EU mercedes I guess) and it clearly shows that the clock can be found in the system settings from where you can adjust it.

In mine... this Clock Option is missing. How can I set the clock? :-(

thanks a lot,
George

·
Premium Member
2004 CLK 240 Coupe
11,385 Posts
I can't help you with this particular problem, but it sounds like you have got yourself a 'grey' import.

Are you in the UK? Be aware that MBs intended for the Japanese market may have other differences to this car that might bite you in the bum, particularly in the lighting requirements.

On my CLK the clock is synchronised with GMT by the COMAND system.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,

I am form Oman and, I have the same problem, i just bought a 2003clk 320 japanese impot, i hav ethe following questions,
How to solve the clock problem?
Where is the coonection point for the AUX on the radio system?
The radio frequency range is not picking the staions in Oman how to solve it.

i have other issues but i will bring them later.

Thanks for anybody's advice on this.

S.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi there,

Unfortuantely I haven't figured out a solution yet, my CLK shows a Tokyo time !! I have contacted my local MB dealer and they will check it - I was said that there is a chance that this clock can be adjusted on their computer - let's hope this will work.

In regards to my Asian Comand - I got rid of it! Instead, I have installed a cool Kenwood DNX 7200 and solved all my problems while enjoying playing mp3s, divx, dvds, nav, ipod and usb by paying much less than getting a new comand.

hope this helps.
George

Hi,

I am form Oman and, I have the same problem, i just bought a 2003clk 320 japanese impot, i hav ethe following questions,
How to solve the clock problem?
Where is the coonection point for the AUX on the radio system?
The radio frequency range is not picking the staions in Oman how to solve it.

i have other issues but i will bring them later.

Thanks for anybody's advice on this.

S.

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts
OK guys ill put you out of your misery, on the japanese models the clock is controled by satelite yes satelite and you cannot change it. They will stay on Japan time. Even on their models that do have the command (Clock adjust) capability, once you correct the time it will adjust itself back using the satelite signal. Hope this helps.;)

·
52,804 Posts
Satelite controlled clock? For what possible reason has MB done the Jap editions like that and the rest not?

if this is true, is there any way to bypass the satelite receiver ?
None that ive found yet, but if you do find a way then please post it;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi ,

i have a problem with the driver seat headreston my 03 clk320, it is stuck and not moving.Now unable to move the seat front for entry to the back seat. Can anybody tell me how to fix this problem.

Many thanks,

S.

·
52,804 Posts
Hi ,

i have a problem with the driver seat headreston my 03 clk320, it is stuck and not moving.Now unable to move the seat front for entry to the back seat. Can anybody tell me how to fix this problem.

Many thanks,

S.
It could be many problems causing this, you need to have it tested with DAS

·
Registered
2007 CLK 200K
4 Posts
OK guys ill put you out of your misery, on the japanese models the clock is controled by satelite yes satelite and you cannot change it. They will stay on Japan time. Even on their models that do have the command (Clock adjust) capability, once you correct the time it will adjust itself back using the satelite signal. Hope this helps.;)
It can be done through the computer(diagnosis) by disabling the satellite updating and then you set the time from the on-board computer

·
52,804 Posts
It can be done through the computer(diagnosis) by disabling the satellite updating and then you set the time from the on-board computer
Can you be a little more specific, i use DAS all the time and have never seen this function. I also have a lot of customers with the jananese benz who want to change the time and this is making them unhappy. Thanks

·
Registered
2007 CLK 200K
4 Posts
My car is a 2007 CLK with comand aps. I'm not familiar with DAS but I was watching the engineer who was doing it; He logged in and found an option for automatic updating of the time which was enabled and disabled it. Afterwards the option of setting the time appeared on the on-board computer and then set the correct time.

regards

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.