Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

This is my first time on this site and I must say it is very good. It took me ages to find it after searching for Mercedes Sprinter Servicing. I wish to service my '01 311 Sprinter and the attachment I found here for the oil change is great. Can anyone help with info on a fuel filter change please?
Cheers,
Dwayne.

·
Registered
mercedes sprinter 316 cdi 2004
3 Posts
Hi there!
have a good look at the filter & check that you know it`s the correct one for your sprinter, then simply remove, be careful not to break any plastic clips securing the inlet-outlet pipes fill the new filter with fuel then fit it otherwise it will take a lot of turning over on the starter (no more than 20 seconds on the key cos the starter motor gets hot)
let it tick-over until the bubbles have stopped in the fuel lines then it will be ok. happy motoring.

·
Registered
25 Posts
if you can probley best to stick to Merc servicing structure.

I belive sprinters on this age should work from an asset (it tells when it wants a service rather then set miles so essentally the more carful driver you are longer service intervals)

One spanner on dash change oil and filter
and a two spanner service would be oil and fitler fuel filter pollen filter air filter

brake fuild +coolent change every two years too i believe

1 - 3 of 3 Posts