Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2000 CLK
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know someone posted this before , but i'm doing a search and i can't seem to find it , can anyone please post how to reset service a or b on the CLK, thanks in advance ..

·
Registered
1999 Clk320
239 Posts
Have you checked in your manual yet? It will tell you how to reset it under "FSS" in the index. Mine is a 99 and this how you do it:
1. Turn electronic key in steering lock to position 2.
2. Within 4 seconds press button 0 twice.
3. The present status for days or distance is displayed. Within 10 seconds turn electronic key in steering lock to position 0.
4. Press and hold button 0, while turning electronic key in steering lock to position 2 again. The present status for days or distance is displayed once more. Continue to hold button 0.
After approximately 10 seconds a signal sounds, and the display shows 10,000 miles (Canada: 15,000 km) for approximately 10 seconds.
5. Release button 0.

That is straight out of the manual for the 99clk320. I am sure its probably the same for the 2000. However... for some reason the last time I did this, it only reset it to 3700 instead of 10000. I just opened a thread for that earlier, but I havent gotten a response for it yet.
Hope that works for you.

·
Registered
202 Posts
btw, I had to have the door closed for the reset to work on my 99. Dunno why it's like that, but I was getting pretty frustrated before I figured out that detail.

·
Registered
1999 Clk320
239 Posts
Chevota...

Did you have a problem with the FSS not resetting to 10,000? It keeps resetting to 3,700 for me instead.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts