Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
BMW E36, MB W140
179 Posts
I looked everywhere for a service manual as well. I phoned Mercedes (1800-FOR-MERC) a...

I looked everywhere for a service manual as well. I phoned Mercedes (1800-FOR-MERC) and they said that they don't release service manual CDs until the last vehicle of the series is out of warranty. Since the last W140 was produced in 1999, the official CD won't be released until sometime in 2003. It isn't available yet, but is expected to cost around 100usd.

None of the other 3rd party publishers (Haynes, Bentley, etc etc...) have a W140 book as of now.

However, if you look on Ebay, you can find some W140 service CDs. I bought a couple of them, and they are CDR copies from some sort of professional shop information system. Ie. they are probably not entirely legit.

Also, Mercedes has repair info on a website, available on a pay per use basis. You can find it at www.startekinfo.com . Its like 20$ a day to use.

Good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.