Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Service Manual for 190e 2.3?

12K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  1984babybenz 
#1 ·
What do people like to use for a MB service manual? and why? and where can I purchase? Thanks

#3 ·
I use the Hayne's manual and the online reference, which can be found at www.startekinfo.com under "MB Workshop Resources", then "Service Manual Library CD/DVD", then "201 Star Library".

Some of the links online are broken, as in they all point to the same file, so you need to simply modify the URL to say 30006.pdf instead of 30005.pdf, for example.

#4 ·
I've gotten good use out of the Haynes manual for our cars, too.:bowdown:

I've got the disc with the factory manual on it. I understand how it works, but agree that it is a royal pain to use. Some of the page images are very difficult to see.

The wiring diagrams included in the Haynes manual helped me figure out the underhood wiring damage caused by inept mechanics. It's all correct, working, and most importantly, gas mileage has gone UP!

#6 ·
See above for a link to the online manual and google the "haynes manual mercedes 190E" to see links to several sellers. I would visit an Autozone to see if a copy is on the shelves.

Bentley manuals are very detailed and thorough while the haynes manual is more cursory. Both are valuable.

#8 ·
Has anybody had good luck with any of the cd's that are being sold on ebay? Also, how good is Bentley or Haynes on fixing trim pieces in the car? Like fixing the drivers seat switch.
The CDs on eBay are basically the manuals online downloaded, burned to a CD, and sold at a premium. We bought them for the W126, and then realized how basically worthless they are when the online manual is available for free.. Use the free manuals online, you're not missing anything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.