Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
'91 300SL
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a copy of the dealer's service manual for the SL's. I have a '91 300SL and want to do some stereo work and would like to get some documentation on how to remove verious panels and the dash. I will document this for future do it yourselfers....

any help would be greatful.

·
Registered
1991 SL 500
8 Posts
did you ever find a service manual for your Benz?
I just bought a 91 SL500 and have been trying on line to find a manual without any luck.

·
Outstanding Contributor
'03 SL500, '03 SL55, '97 SL320, (2) '91 300SL, (2) '91 500SL, '00 S500 -- all for sale
4,212 Posts
This should meet your need:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2459240870&category=34227/

At any given time you can buy this CD on eBay, and it is also sold by M-B. Unfortunately, it has very little useful info and is not the "technical manual" the eBay seller represents it to be. However, it does include videos of replacing the convertible top and disassembling the dash, and these make it well-worth the price.

And while there are no manuals officially available to the public, you can get lots of tech info from the forums of www.mercedesshop.com. If you do a search you should find multiple posts describing the procedures for disassembling the interior in general and the center dash in particular.

·
Registered
92 300E
78 Posts
I bought the factory manuals on CD. They were about $100.00. Comes on (3) CD's. Very complete. The viewing facility is a bit clunky at first, but the info on the CD's is great. Send an inquiry email to [email protected] The guys name is Barry.

I might actually sell my SL, in which case I'd be willing to part with my set, but I won't know for another few weeks.

Good luck!

·
Registered
100 Posts
I got one from Mitchel on Demand, but it is not working on my computer. I am not sure why. It comes with 2 CDs, and 2 Floppy disk. Therefore you need a CD rom drive and a Floppy drive. Compatible with all windows. I just don't know why I can't set it up on my computer. If anyone wants it we can work a deal: I can send it to you, and if it works, you pay me $30. If not, you can just send it back to me.
I think it covers all Mercedes Benz up to 2001 or 2002
let me know.
[email protected]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts