Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Many MBs & More
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Subject 1998 C230

My last required service was, according to the dealer, an oil change. For which they want several body parts and a scheduled appointment 2 weeks hence!

The local oil change place was able to do this service immeadiately and for only a percentage of the cost, using the same grade synthetic. However, they did not/could not turn off the service light.

How can I get it to go off, now that the required maintenance is done?

Thanks,
[email protected]

·
Registered
3 Posts
The "Wrench" symbol will appear in the odometer field to indicate it is time to service ...

The "Wrench" symbol will appear in the odometer field to indicate it is time to service the vehicle. To reset, turn the ignition key to position 2. Immediately press the button next to the display twice within one second. The present status for days or distance will be displayed. Within 10 seconds, turn the ignition key to the 0 position. Press and hold the button while turning the key to position 2 again. The status for days or distance will be displayed again; continue to hold the button. After 10 seconds, a signal will sound and the display will show 10,000 miles (15,000 km). Release the button.

·
Registered
Many MBs & More
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response.

And yes, this information is available in the Owners manual,...

Thanks for the response.

And yes, this information is available in the Owners manual, under "FSS". I found it may take a try or two to get the reset!

Jeff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts