Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2007 ML320CDI 70,000 KM
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody knows how to corelate the Service numbers (1 to 20) from the Service Booklet with the Service letters indicated on the vehicle Multi Functional Display? Mine shows due for Service D but in the booklet I have only numbers....??? :confused:

·
Registered
2008 ML350
18 Posts
Don't try to correlate them because they don't. The letters are supposed to indicate the time required to do the service - "A" being the shortest - depending on the things that are supposed to be done to the car - which the car's computer knows -. The idea being that it is easier for the "ignorant" owner to schedule the service with the dealer by mentioning the letter. I do most of my own maintenance and ignore the letters, just follow the book.

·
Registered
2007 ML320CDI 70,000 KM
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks samroberts, that what I also got from the service manual; so for now I follow the service manual for distance and time (km and yrs) service requirements and I should be fine. However, because I do my own servicing -like yourself- how would I know what is in the car's computer 'to do list' and how do I 'tell it' what I did so would reset the interval??? Just by resetting my "service C due" I would not know what exactly service requirements he did reset !?!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts