Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1998 SLK
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:Hello, Can anyone out there who may work for MB be able to pull up the vehicle service history by the Vehicle Identification Number? I just bought a 1998 SLK230 about a month ago and it would be nice to know what has or more importantly has not been done to the vehicle. I know that only service performed @ a MB Dealer would come up (if at all possible).
Thanks, Pete

·
Registered
'85 2.3-16 '99 C280 '11 GLK350
4,804 Posts
More precisely, only warranty or recall work will be in the "national/worldwide" computer system.

If you know which dealership did the non-warrany or recall related scheduled maintenance (A/B service), you may be able to access those dealership records. However, I have found that most dealerships don't provide open access to another customer's records, regardless of who owns the vehicle currently.

·
Registered
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,425 Posts
Europe is changing to an electronic Service Booklet. Not a lot of history covered so far and not for all models yet:
Daimler AG - Service & Parts net

Digital Service Booklet (DSB)

The online service booklet
The Digital Service Booklet will be available throughout Europe for all E and CLS-Class vehicles produced from September 3, 2007. It will replace the conventional service documentation. Further model series will follow. Proof of service will then be stored in a protected, digital form in the Mercedes-Benz database. The customer will receive a tangible version of the digital service report in the form of a printout.

·
Registered
1998 SLK
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I emaild a local MB dealer, they ran my vin, said I had a 2003 clk320. But I have a 1998 SLK???:crybaby2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts