Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my 2004 ML 350 last May. It's been 10 months. So far so good! However, I drive it for daily commute. So only 4000 miles total. The meter still shows 8000 miles away for service. I was wondering if I should contact the dealer for service, like oil change & routine checks, and if it is covered by the maintenance plan. You know, it has been almost a year since last time I visited my dealer. It's kinda scary[;)]. I've never done that for cars of any other brands. Thanks.

·
Registered
2004 ML350
258 Posts
Hi
Got my 2004 ml350 in Oct 2003. The FSS display called for service at the end of Jan 05. The FSS display started giving me a countdown in days starting with 30. At then end of Jan 05 I had 8,800 miles.

The dealer would do nothing before the FSS called for service. Dealer said I had to wait at least one year or 10,000 miles. My FSS waited 16 months for a service call.

·
Registered
02ML320 & 06RClass (sold)
1,632 Posts
bblewis - 3/31/2005 11:54 AM

I got my 2004 ML 350 last May. It's been 10 months. So far so good! However, I drive it for daily commute. So only 4000 miles total. The meter still shows 8000 miles away for service. I was wondering if I should contact the dealer for service, like oil change & routine checks, and if it is covered by the maintenance plan. You know, it has been almost a year since last time I visited my dealer. It's kinda scary[;)]. I've never done that for cars of any other brands. Thanks.
Did you have the 1000 miles "system upgrade" check already? That is to check if all is well for your new ML, coz you dont have the Free Maintenance is we do have.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dewdaltz - 3/31/2005 1:08 PM

bblewis - 3/31/2005 11:54 AM

Did you have the 1000 miles "system upgrade" check already? That is to check if all is well for your new ML, coz you dont have the Free Maintenance is we do have.
Thanks for your info. However, what I bought is a 2004 ML350, not 2005 model. I think it has the free A+B Maintenance. Does it also have the free 100 miles "system upgrade" check? Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2bmj - 3/31/2005 1:03 PM

Hi
Got my 2004 ml350 in Oct 2003. The FSS display called for service at the end of Jan 05. The FSS display started giving me a countdown in days starting with 30. At then end of Jan 05 I had 8,800 miles.

The dealer would do nothing before the FSS called for service. Dealer said I had to wait at least one year or 10,000 miles. My FSS waited 16 months for a service call.
Thanks. wow, running 16 months without even an oil change! That's truly amazing! Well, I will wait and see what FSS tells me to do. Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Mine is 04 350 as well. I purchased it last feb 04. but was surprised when the FSS came on at only 6.5k, prompting me to take it to the dealer. my dealer said, at times the FSS will do it irregardless of the manual sched but per your driving habit. so they did the "A" sched maintenance. it's funny how this FSS computer dictates when we shoukd take our truck in, it could understandably really raise some concerns to some of us. best bet is to call your dealer and state your concern and see what they'll advise.

ajim

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550 FORMER: C300, ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
20,201 Posts
There used to be FREE SERVICE? When did they stop this?!! Bah....[:(]
As of model year 2005, MBZ discontinued scheduled maintenance as an included warranty item.

- RODNEY

·
Registered
03 ML350 Inspiration
17 Posts
Sounds like a dealer discretion thing - my guys brought me in at 9.5k even though the FSS had another 5k to go... and when I was there, the service manager told me that regardless of what FSS said, he'd have made me come in at one year for an A service. ...but then again, they know me pretty well because I whined a lot about the fuel gauge software being unpredictable and inaccurate - maybe they were just trying to keep me happy! [:)]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts