I have an E320 20004 and I have a service D due in 4 thousand miles. Can anyone please give me a list of things that the shop does for this service so I can do it on my own instead of paying god knows how much money for the dealer to do it.
This is a list I found, hope it helps.
- Change oil and filter
- Inspect brakes for wear
- Lubricate throttle linkage
- Check and correct fluid levels
- Inspect tires and check tire pressure
- Lubricate specific parts according to Mercedes-Benz guidelines
- Inspect for leaks and assess the condition of all components, lines and hoses on the engine, transmission, axles, level control, and steering, fuel and brake systems
- Replace spark plugs (if necessary)
- Inspect and adjust drive belts
- Inspect air filter elements
- Remove wheels and rotate tires as necessary
- Inspect brake system and adjust parking brake
- Check all exterior and interior lamps and windshield washer systems
- Lubricate throttle shafts, door hinges and locks
- Replace windshield wiper insert(s)
- Clean cassette deck head
- Perform a road test
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!