Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just call my Mercedes dealer about service D..they quoted me $450.. What ya think..??? He named quite a few things to be done, but not sure if they do all of that..?? Got an 08 E-Class...with 43,000 miles..

·
Registered
302 Posts
Just call my Mercedes dealer about service D..they quoted me $450.. What ya think..??? He named quite a few things to be done, but not sure if they do all of that..?? Got an 08 E-Class...with 43,000 miles..
Just did my C last week and paid ca$756 including brake flush and tax. Next service will be about 1/2 so I think yours is just about right.

·
Registered
478 Posts
The letters A,B,C etc, refer to the number of hours to complete the service. You need to look at the maintenance schedule for your vehicle to determine what is actually due, as some items are based on mileage, and some are based on time/mileage. . Some dealers have come up with a Major/Minor service schedule, add to that, other items due, Brake Flush, Trans Flush, Cabin Filter, etc.

·
Registered
302 Posts
The letters A,B,C etc, refer to the number of hours to complete the service. You need to look at the maintenance schedule for your vehicle to determine what is actually due, as some items are based on mileage, and some are based on time/mileage. . Some dealers have come up with a Major/Minor service schedule, add to that, other items due, Brake Flush, Trans Flush, Cabin Filter, etc.
Dead on ! My dealer has the Major/Minor schedule.

·
Registered
553 Posts
They can't possibly know how much Service D costs without a service code which is shown in your instrument cluster so they are just guessing. A,B,C,D services are just estimate time periods that should take a trained Mercedes technician to perform the service. This is TIME but there is also cost of materials which can greatly vary.
You can actually check yourself what is it that you need to do to your car to complete the service. Most of stuff there is just lots of check-ups.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
My dealer has 2 levels A and B
A is $180 +/-
B is $400 +/-
I highly recommend you get the B/Major/D (call it whatever you want) done, when I did mine, the technician discovered a myriad of problems that he fixed under warranty. Amongst them were 2 engine leaks and a coolant leak.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts