Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2003 SLK32
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading itswindee's oil change thread and had a separate question. I just had my B service done last month at 24292 miles. Since most of my driving is interstate the double wrench service increased to over 13000 miles between services. My question is how do we get fluids changed? Except for the squawks I identified, the invoice only states 9 qts of oil, filter, ring and washer fluid. No other fluid change. They did find a transmission leak I had not noticed, (R&R seal 11316IN4Electical Connector, op code 271590) and they changed/added 4 qts of transmission fluid when they fixed the seal leak. Service rep said it was a common problem, so you folks under warranty might want to ask about it.

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG
1,219 Posts
The dealer that had been servicing mine before I bought it had not done any of the required fluid flushes/changes. I'm guessing that depending on the dealer you might have to point out to them that it is supposed to have these things done. They are all listed in the service booklet that should be in with the owners manual, so they should not complain about doing them under warranty. I guess you just have to ask them to do it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts