Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,<br> <br> My 'Service B in 29 days' just came on for my 2000 CLK 430 with about 17000 miles on it.<br> <br> Funny thing is that the Service A diagnostic never appeared. Last time I checked, the computer stated that Service A was 3900 miles away, and the car had about 15000 miles on it.<br> <br> Anybody know why the car is skipping the Service A interval and going straight to Service B?<br> <br> Thanks!

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
It might have reset. Service A should be around every 10k miles.

I wouldn't worry about it since everything that is done with A is included in Service B.

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Have you change your oil yourself in between?<br> It does happen... its not actually you skip A service, because if you changed your oil before the FSS ODO lapse the computer oil sensor will sense that your oil is still good, so your FSS ODO will run slow. Check your FSS button and check how many wrench show and if it show 0ne wrench you are still at A service, and if its two wrenches you are on B service. Hope this help on your part. BTW sorry for busting in to your board :)P

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Sevice A and Service B are not necessarily sequential. Service B is the severe duty service that FSS will call for if you drive a lot of miles in a certain amount of time, amongst other reasons. The reason it said Service A before is because most people are Service A drivers, but once you pass a certain threshold, the computer will call for a Service B instead. Hope this clears things up. :0)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts