Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I bought my used 2006 SLK280 in August with 20k or so miles on it and have been driving it great since. I notice on my miles tab, it says I have service due in about 2400 miles for Service A. I am going to be taking a trip which is 1000 miles there, and 1000 miles back, and probably driving in between there which will cause me to go over this mark.

Worst case, should I be ok to go up to an additional 800 miles before service? What happens when you do this and something goes wrong would the warranty on vehicle not be honored?

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
966 Posts
yes you can go beyond or get the service 'a' done early. they will reset the fss to reflect and the counter will start again towards service 'b'. hope this helps.

as an example, just had my service 'a' done at 8900 miles when it calls for 10000. they reset the service 'b' to be done at 18900.

also update your profile with your location. user cp, then edit profile, location. this helps members as questions are usually locale specific

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes you can go beyond or get the service 'a' done early. they will reset the fss to reflect and the counter will start again towards service 'b'. hope this helps.

as an example, just had my service 'a' done at 8900 miles when it calls for 10000. they reset the service 'b' to be done at 18900.

also update your profile with your location. user cp, then edit profile, location. this helps members as questions are usually locale specific
thanks for the quick reply! I'll just wait until I get back home and schedule a service hopefully im only a few hundred miles over at tops

PS: I was just up in Valrico/Tampa this weekend, nice place

·
Registered
966 Posts
pm me the next time u gonna be in the area and we can meet!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
It also depends on how you drive. I lent my car to a friend to go out of town. The FSS showed about 800Km till next service. He travelled 700Km at highway speed and at most 150Km city. When he returned my car, it still showed that there was 200Km. If you take it easy, you should be okay.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how much is the cost for that just curious?

I paid $500.91 and that included new wipers they gave me as well :cool: - done in south florida at a new mercades dealership, and they gave me a free loaner.

let me know what ye pay kind of curious if i overpaid or if thats around the standard price

·
Registered
966 Posts
service 'a' usually is between $180 and $300 in tampa
service 'b' ran me between $250 and $350 and included wipers. service 'a' usually does not include wipers as service 'a' comes around at either 10k or 13k depending on model year. service 'b' at around 20k and 26k depending on model year. if it is your second service 'a' and they were not replaced at service 'b', then yes they would replace wipers if they were in need of being replaced.

combination filters for a/c inside passenger compartment are extra.

i have had 3 slks so i have done a lot of service 'a', 'b', 'c'. never had a d,e, or f as i sell or trade my car every 3 yrs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
service 'a' usually is between $180 and $300 in tampa
service 'b' ran me between $250 and $350 and included wipers. service 'a' usually does not include wipers as service 'a' comes around at either 10k or 13k depending on model year. service 'b' at around 20k and 26k depending on model year. if it is your second service 'a' and they were not replaced at service 'b', then yes they would replace wipers if they were in need of being replaced.

combination filters for a/c inside passenger compartment are extra.

i have had 3 slks so i have done a lot of service 'a', 'b', 'c'. never had a d,e, or f as i sell or trade my car every 3 yrs.
damn, I had the Service A at aprox 28k miles 06 SLK and was way higher than that. Not sure if it was done before that or what since bought car used at like 21k miles.

My service A on the receipt says
OIL FITER, 5W40MOBIL, RING,GENERAL, FUEL ADDITIVE, and I specifically told them to do the windshield wipers because they sucked since I bought the car which added $60. Also my SRS light came on so I had them fix that and they replaced some airbag line but that was covered under my warranty so no charge.

LABOR $274
PARTS $145
MISC CHARGES $50
TOTAL CHARGES $470
TAX $30

lol mercades

PS: bad ass AMG :)

·
Registered
966 Posts
Thanks! can you try another mb dealer in the area to compare prices?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts