Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
SLK350 AMG Kit
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone had a Service A and then ASSYST states that next service will be C. I thought it would have been a B, but service advisor said it depends on what the computer determines. Anyone know what a C service involves, my service booklet states for (Service 3, which I assume is Service C)only Engine Oil renewed and filter replaced?

·
Registered
2009 BMW Z4, 2005 SLK 200, 2004 S 280
1,950 Posts
daj - 4/9/2006 6:28 PM

Anyone had a Service A and then ASSYST states that next service will be C. I thought it would have been a B, but service advisor said it depends on what the computer determines. Anyone know what a C service involves, my service booklet states for (Service 3, which I assume is Service C)only Engine Oil renewed and filter replaced?
That is interesting! I have yet to have a service A on my SLK and the ASSYST says my next service will be a B...but something like 16000 kilometers in the future.

·
Registered
Mercedes SL350 2009
692 Posts
I haven't had a service yet but after 10,000 miles my car is now saying i need my first service which is service B in 500 miles time.

·
Registered
SLK350 AMG Kit
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just read the manual and found out that the letter after the service indicates to the workshop approximately how much time is required to carry out the maintenance. Ranging from

A short service duration

to

H long service duration

That's a range of 8 service durations, and it cost me £258 for an A service, so wonder how much a H service will cost [?]

ASSYST Service Operations List A £119.85
Filter Element £ 12.74
Washer Concentrate £ 3.21
Seal Ring £ 0.35
Mobile One 0W/40, 8 @ £15.26 litre £122.10

·
Registered
2009 SLK 55 AMG
966 Posts
i had a service c (3)after my initial service a. c service is the same as an 'a' service per se. check manual. after service 'c' it went to service 'b' at 22000. i am at 14590 now and just had an lof (lube,oil,filter) today and counter stayed at service 'b' at 8k which coincides with service manual. hope this helps

1 - 6 of 6 Posts