Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
SL500, CL55, E350, E320
3,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just picked up the car from MB service. Though I didn't ask (and their policy is to confirm customer before performing tasks), they claimed to replace the serpentine belt for $200+ ($700 altogether for oil change, tranny flush, and a new key). I don't know what they did but my center arm-rest would not move back and forth and lose 3 out of 4 screws. They claimed they didn't do it. [:(!][:(!]

They also changed my address, phone, and name in the database. All of the sudden, I am "George Lemus" [?]. And when I complained about the console, they were like "Oooookee Geoooorge!" Took them 3 days for the above services mentioned. Now I don't have the key yet (money charged) and cross my fingers they won't send it to "George Lemus". Damn the dealer!!!

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
If you took your car to the dealer I'm not in the Least bit surprised. Email me off list and I'll get you names of reputable shops in the area.

Jonathan

·
Registered
'03 CL500,& '07 GL450
227 Posts
I purchased a spare serpentine belt,part #111-997-97-92,for my 1999 SL500 from the local MB dealer.Price was $63.25. "autohausaz.com" sells a Conti-Conitech brand belt for $27.80.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts