And various...

Attachments

·
Registered
U1450L DOKA
12,082 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Rubicon Unlimited (Let the shame be upon me!)
4,225 Posts
The answer is simple, don't go so fast. Except if they built it right, 1/8 scale speeds still yield 1/8 scale forces. Damn you mathematics!

If memory serves me, that SBU body kit is no longer available new. Would be nice to acquire one and make some clones, perhaps in a doka.

These 1/8 scale trucks remind me of the guys building scale supercharged nitromethane V8's. Rather simple mechanics but the key is materials and fabrication, takes time to get the designs just so. Anyone want to tackle building a 1/8 scale OM352 to go with this truck?

·
Unimog Moderator
250GD Wolf
13,679 Posts
The answer is simple, don't go so fast. Except if they built it right, 1/8 scale speeds still yield 1/8 scale forces. Damn you mathematics!

If memory serves me, that SBU body kit is no longer available new. Would be nice to acquire one and make some clones, perhaps in a doka.

These 1/8 scale trucks remind me of the guys building scale supercharged nitromethane V8's. Rather simple mechanics but the key is materials and fabrication, takes time to get the designs just so. Anyone want to tackle building a 1/8 scale OM352 to go with this truck?
I've got a vacuum former with its name on it ;) Now I just need the cab :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
Well Trev, if you weren't so dang far away I'd say it's a simple matter to make a block model of your entire truck, make a shell model of that, scale it to 1/8th and through the magic of CAD CAM make you a scale copy of your own truck cab & body.

As for the store bought body, what I recall hearing is it's out of production from the manufacturer but is still out there in warehouses and back rooms etc. But "they" say a lot of things so who knows what the real answer is.

Mr. Model Guy (is that his name now?) has a nice tidy work space

Modell Unimog 1:8

However the fastidious planning and layout of the werkstatt does ask the question of what does or did he do when not doing this as there seems to be some predisposition to the mechanical arts.

For instance I draft for a living, draft for fun, draft in my free time, draft on placemats while waiting in diners so drafty things are easy and come naturally to me. I suspect this guy is in some other way involved with unimog.

·
Registered
4,225 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mr. Model Guy (is that his name now?)
Hope not....just call me Martin.

... what does or did he do when not doing this...
Working in order to get some cash

... as there seems to be some predisposition to the mechanical arts.
Yep but some 20+ years ago

I suspect this guy is in some other way involved with unimog.
Nope, it simply had been a childhood dream.

... ... for E40 he offers a CD with cad drawings for the 1/8 scale SBU
Not quite correct. These CAD drawings are from another modeller who's 1/8 scale Mog can be found on my web page when you click on "Uni v. E.Wursten" in the menu on the left. I usually sketch my drawings on the backside of an envelope or similar.

The construction of my Mog can be found under "BAU DES MODELLS" (Engl.: construction of the model)

By the way, if you like Mogs and in particular 1/8 scale ones, check this one out: [1:8] Unimog 406 - Traktoren, Unimogs - Modell-Baustelle.de

Nice, isn't it?

Regards from Switzerland,
Martin

1 - 19 of 19 Posts