Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2001 CLK 430
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know what the sensor in front of the rear view mirror is for? been trying to search for it but nothing came up. just something i been wondering because my friend has it on his is300 also...

·
Registered
99 CLK 430
51 Posts
I dont really know what it is for... maybe auto dimming so you dont get blasted by peoples head lights at night... just a thought cuz i got the same thing

·
Registered
2002 CLK430 Cabriolet
338 Posts
does anyone know what the sensor in front of the rear view mirror is for? been trying to search for it but nothing came up. just something i been wondering because my friend has it on his is300 also...
Instead of a sensor, could it be the emitter for the homelink system (i.e. garage/gate opener)?

·
Registered
1999 CLK 430 ,Silver/Ash, Daily Driver
366 Posts
If it's mounted on the windshield it's the rain sensor

That's what mine is !

·
Registered
2002 CLK 430
304 Posts
Not the best description, but if you're talking about the blue square, it's the rain sensor as ZYALATR said.

·
Registered
2000 CLK 430 Cab
565 Posts
Exactly, rain sensor. You can test it by turning on your wiper to the first notch and spraying drops of water on it... this will activate the rain sensing wiper. I've always wondered what a new windshield would cost on this vehicle being that I have tiny marks all over the glass. I would be nice to have a crystal clear windshield... Anyone ever replaced their windshield? How much $$$? or $$$$?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts