Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought this brand new on eBay less than a year ago.
Serial number (if you can't see from the picture): 0485420933

Check at Valentine One Upgrades

(from http://www.valentine1.com/upgrades/)...:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Status Report on Your Valentine One
Serial Number 0485420933
V1 Description: Radar circuitry known in-house as V1.8—POP2 with Euro Mode. This is our latest and best performer on both radar and laser.

Upgrade Recommendation: You already have our best.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This item is in mint condition! No scratches or dings at all on the unit itself, latest firmware, and works great! For goodness sake, the box is in mint condition too.
Only notable missing item is the visor clip. Straight power cord and direct fuse adapter will be included. Please give me an offer and PLEASE NO LOW BALLS. Thanks

Attachments

·
Always Remembered RIP
1991 560SEC AMG
10,146 Posts
I am on the W126 forum all the time as I am a Moderator there and so I never look in the "for sale", section of BW or anyplace else usually, but I am a ready and reputable buyer with a good reputation to protect.

I need one of these, and was referred to your post by a W126 fellow forum poster who saw it and knew I am in the market.

Does yours have a warranty that is transferable or anything, and when did it start to run and for how long is it good? I think V1 wants 400.

If it is still for sale, he told me to offer you $280 shipped.

So if you can put it in my hands before I have to leave for Los Angeles, on 4/24, I will buy it right now for that price, $280, if you want.

Deal or no deal?

Do you have pay pal or is some other method of payment preferred by you?

Jim

·
Always Remembered RIP
1991 560SEC AMG
10,146 Posts
Sorry, it has been sold to me, already, and the vendor already confirmed receipt of payment in full, and confirmed it was to ship today.

Jim

·
Always Remembered RIP
1991 560SEC AMG
10,146 Posts
Not received yet! Even though paid for weeks ago.

Note to ALL:

As of this date it has *NOT* been received yet.

Not calling this a scam, - yet - but I was privately contacted by members saying after I bought this, it was being advertised again for sale elsewhere, and MY sale "fell through"

IT DID NOT "fall through"!! He was paid by paypal.

As of now I have nothing!!!

I have been on the road, and still am, and haven't had the time to follow up.

This seller is in Canada somewhere, creating jurisdictional problems should one ever decide to pursue a Court remedy.

Shall PM the seller and tell him it has not been received and what is the "Canada Post" tracking number he mentioned.

Stay tuned

·
Registered
1993 500SL
272 Posts
not saying its legit...but it only been 7 days....

I've waited over 30 from stuff from the States...
could be held up in customs, Usually 8-12 business days is the norm

·
Registered
06 ML350
88 Posts
Oh man...... I hope you get the V1. I was one of the people contacted by this person claiming sale fell thru. I almost sent him money but there was something wrong with the paypal address he gave me. He then gave me another address claiming it was his current paypal but paypal stated the email address has not yet been setup.

At that point I thought something was up and deciding to not send money. Somone PM'd me about this and we spoke briefly and he claimed to know the sale did in fact go thru with you and would contact you about this.

·
Always Remembered RIP
1991 560SEC AMG
10,146 Posts
I have been travelling on the road the last weeks and haven't had much time do any followup on this, but have been told that since it comes from across the border in Canada, it could take more time getting through customs and so forth, than if it was sold and shipped from within USA to a USA customer.

To be fair to the seller I will continue to monitor this without further comment for now

·
Always Remembered RIP
1991 560SEC AMG
10,146 Posts
A moderator may have got ripped off, so too could you?

I have been informed that Paypal has blocked this seller from receiving money and the tracking number from Canada Post was bogus.

It is now time to request a paypal investigation and to pm/email this seller and request a refund.

I have heard stories that this guy has sold this same item about ten times!

·
Registered
2002 CLK 430 & 1989 Camaro RS Fuel Injected
1,081 Posts
Everybody plays the fool, sometimes. May be factual may be cruel, no exception to the rule, but evrybody plays the fool.
I bet it won't happen again eh?

·
Registered
'87 560SEC: '86 AMG 560SEC: '87 560SEL - PAST: Heckflosse 190 & 230S
1,479 Posts
On ebay too

Cascade - check ebay Item number: 250404068186 Auction ended Ended: Apr-11-09 23:45:31 PDT & item reported to be in NJ. Product serial# & PHOTOS same as what's shown here.

My guess is this might have been a legit sale - then this A-hole just skimmed the listing data & posted. :mad: Another tidbit - always research using more than one 'engine'. My query for "Serial Number 0485420933" in Google shows this forum & some other ad listing results, but it was Yahoo! that turned the eBay result/sale.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts