Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Looking for a mog.
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am selling my factory brush gaurd off my 2000 G-500
it is in perfect condition and comes with all bracketts and special tool to remove the quick release gaurd.

·
Registered
2000 G500 NMLE
6,977 Posts
Picture?!??!!

What's the deal with a Hummer pulling a G?!!

·
Registered
02 G500
2,254 Posts
cant be on stock tires. he would not have made it that far.

god i hope the hummer people dont see that.

·
Registered
02 G500
63 Posts
I am curious about this one. Who is pulling who? That's funny aboout the Hummer people seeing this, we'll never hear the end of it. Could it be staged?

·
Registered
02 G500
2,254 Posts
after looking closer at the picture I have decided that the Hummer is stuck inbetween two trees and the G is pulling out backwards [:D]

·
Registered
Looking for a mog.
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Actually, fellas. The Hummer is pulling the G.[:(] Sorry. Yes, I had stock tires, and that was the issue. If I had tires, there would have been different footage. The G did amazing up until the deep mud. Then the Hummer's 38'' tires prevailed.I was impressed with it's overall performance, having only owned the truck for 2 weeks before hitting the trails. On a side note, somone here ratted us out. It was posted on the Hummer forum as well. But they don't seem to care.

·
Registered
Looking for a mog.
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
RE: Picture?!??!!

sorry dutch I had factory tires and the hummer had 38" pj's next time I'll be prepared like a good little boy scout>

·
Registered
00 g500
2,289 Posts
I think the fact that it made it there on 31" H/T tires says a lot. If i was the hummer owner i might be annoyed it made it that far... i guess in this case you and the hummer can both be grateful that you picked a trail that he could fit on.

·
Registered
02 G500
2,254 Posts
lol... yea kind of hard to fallow a 38" tire on 31's I love the H1's not sure i would want to drive one ever day though...

If it makes you feel better i got stuck in my yard with the stock tires

THE G500,
We at Mercedes will build the best 4x4 you can buy and we will make sure we give you 18" wheels and a strange tire size so will never be able to find any tire that might even get traction on grass. Thanks you for considering mercedes of nothamerica. Oh if you happen to have a warranty problem with any of the above mentioned G500's we will not be able to fix them.

·
Registered
2000 G500 NMLE
6,977 Posts
Internet Posting

gwhizz - 4/27/2005 10:39 AM

On a side note, somone here ratted us out. It was posted on the Hummer forum as well. But they don't seem to care.
On a side note, don't post it on the Internet, if you don't want it spread around.

·
Registered
2004 G500 (gone)
1,100 Posts
So 33 or 35 inch tires on the G would have helped him out here, but he'd still have to deal with ESP problems, upgrading the shocks/springs and the trouble of finding a decent size wheel that would fit without any spacers.

On the other hand, I'd like to see how far that yellow hummer, using the G's stock tires (if it were possible), could travel without getting stuck. That would be something else! [:D] [:D]

·
Registered
00 g500
2,289 Posts
A decent a/t already available would have done a quite a bit better in slick stuff... especially with the differential locks activated... and then there's no ESP issues.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sorry Guys, I'm the rat!!! As a G500 owner and an H1 owner, I feel a resposibility to share appropriate info. Like someone else suggested, the biggest problem lies in the rubber. No hard feelings I hope!!!!

·
Registered
2000 G500 NMLE
6,977 Posts
Photo Use

biketrix - 4/27/2005 8:35 PM

Sorry Guys, I'm the rat!!! As a G500 owner and an H1 owner, I feel a resposibility to share appropriate info. Like someone else suggested, the biggest problem lies in the rubber. No hard feelings I hope!!!!
If you read the Terms of Use for this website, you will find that once a picture is posted on these forums, it is considered to be the property of Benzworld.org. Did you obtain permission from the site owner to repost it?

Also, there's an implied copyright owned by the original photographer. Did you get his/her permission?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Are you serious? You are upset about this? I am very sorry to have gone against the users agreement. In all fairness, the owner of the H1 in the pic posted several others from the same day on the H1 site. He was even very impressed by the G's ability.

·
Registered
00 g500
2,289 Posts
I could care less who sees the picture. a stuck vehicle is a stuck vehicle...

I'm a semantics guy... what is "appropriate" about posting the picture? A picture of a hummer pulling out a stuck G is posted for "fun" and to "illicit" a response, be it enjoyment or dismay depending on the sensitivity of their ego and what they own... if you felt it's appropriate to share then surely there's some valuable information contained in the picture... yet it's really not that obvious who is stuck nor why... which nearly makes it inappropriate to share.

Maybe it's appropriate for me to get all angry and bent out of shape and personally attack you for being the rat!!!... not. We should probably just be teasing gwhizz for getting his truck stuck.

(Erik taunts and points fingers...)
gwhizz got pulled out by a huuuummmmmerr...
gwhizz got puller out by a hummer...

Alright that's my silly mentalizing for the day. Everybody smile! [:eek:)][:p]

·
Registered
19 Posts
We seem to have hijacked gwhizz's thread. I for one have pm'd him interested in purchasing the item. No response as of yet.

Back to me being the "rat". I used that term in making fun of myself. Since I own both vehicles, I found it an interesting pic, not entertaining, not informative. I am quite proud of my trucks and I have not seen many photos with examples of both in one place. Since you guys had seen it, I thought someone else may find it interesting. Gwhizz had no shame in posting it. He wasn't ashamed to let the world see it. I can show you pix of Jeeps pulling H1s. You think there is this type of response on the H1 forum? No. We all get stuck at some point. I had no idea it was going to be such a big deal. With street tires, of course the G was stuck in that particular situation. This has no reflection on the Gs ability. Like someone said earlier, try driving my H1 on the FL Turnpike. Grandmas in Yugos blowing my doors off. If this was such a big deal, ban me. I hope that doesn't happen, I have a lot to learn about the GWagen and this seems like a great place to acquire that info.

Again, I'm sorry for stepping on toes. I'll check back in the AM to see if I can sign on.
Thanks,
Eric

1 - 20 of 30 Posts