1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
371 Posts
A real time capsule! Is that a root beer type color? I've seen it one time on a pristine '90 300E I almost bought when my SEC started really going downhill (I ended up getting a burgundy/cashmere CLS 550 instead). At first glance the "root beer" looks brown metallic, with hints of orange and burgundy up close.

Does the data card say '85? I've seen some early Gen 2 cars referred to this way, maybe its a Euro thing (usually it's '86-'91). I think they did the same thing for the 116 chassis, still producing them for the U.S. in '81 but Euro 126s coming out as '80 and '81 models. I've heard it said the 420 was a little less maintenance than the 560.

Must be something about great SECs up that way--MBL560SEC isn't too far away. I was nearby there last year for an athletic training conference.

Good luck with the sale, I hope it goes to someone who treats it as well as you have.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
DrewPT
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing